New for me...too!

Hi all-I am new to MFP..I have at minimum 120 lbs to lose...the journey seems long and hard. So looking for any motivation and inspiration I can get. Taking this in baby steps and trying to set mini achievable goals so that I don't become discouraged.

Replies

• BendySpartan
    BendySpartan Posts: 104 Member
    Hey, I'm new too!! Would totally agree set little goals and plan a (non-food) treat when you get to them!
    Good luck :smile:
  • Hi, everyone! I am new here too! I have about 140lbs to loose , I recently started the HCG plan and I am on round 2, the first round I lost 48lbs.... Hope i can do it again this round!!! I thought that this might help me stay on track also!! Does anyone have any advice for me?
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Well, you can ALL add me! Nearly at the end of my weight loss, so I've made all the mistakes and learnt from them (so you won't have to!)
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Welcome, and good luck!!!
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    I'm relatively new, been here a week. Would be delighted to befriend you all. Please send me an invite if you wish.
  • This is my first day and I am determined that with the help of my fitness pals on this site I will achieve my goal of losing 66 pounds by June, 2012. Very important high school reunion at that time! I have to get back to the svelte me from that time in my life!
  • Welcome! If you need a friend to motivate you in this journey, just let me know! I am an excellent coach. LOL. I know that in this community, you will find excellent people from all walks of life, trying to find their path to a healthier live. I welcome you to take advantage of what this website can offer - go to forums, as questions or just post for whatever the reason may be, someone will always answer. You might be surprised at how easy losing weight will be with the motivation and support from the people here. Good luck in all that you do!
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    welcome to all you newbies, and good luck with your weight loss
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Hi all-I am new to MFP..I have at minimum 120 lbs to lose...the journey seems long and hard. So looking for any motivation and inspiration I can get. Taking this in baby steps and trying to set mini achievable goals so that I don't become discouraged.

Do you mind if I suggest you change your Ticker weight from how much you have to lose and make it how much you have lost that way you can watch it grow with your weight rather than looking at how much you have to lose a bit more of a positive way of looking at your journey.
  • acas5
    acas5 Posts: 17
    Good idea! Just trying to figure out this crazy site to :)