Just need to vent...

Options
Sometimes it helps just to write it down and post. I'm on a slippery slope. Haven't been able to get back to my "fighting" weight range in a long time (143-147 lbs). I haven't got totally out of control but I've come close. I'm at 156 lb. I can typically keep my eating under control while I'm working but lose it after work and on the weekends. I start the week (Monday morning) high and am usually down by the end of the week to 150 - 151. Working out is difficult lately with my schedule and I miss it. I've tried getting up early to workout but it makes for a long exhausting day. Today is a typical day for me...up at 6am to the office by 7am, out by 3:30pm at my son's soccer game at 3:45pm, Finance Meeting 5:45pm, followed by a Policy meeting at 6:30pm and a Board of Education meeting at 7:30pm, home hopefully by 10pm (if I'm lucky) then I have stuff to do at home and in bed by mid-night. I'm not running for the board this fall but I am helping those who are with their campaign which adds another level of stress and work to the schedule (I'm just a girl who can't say no). I am also dealing with 3 elderly family members who need my assistance and take up my time. I have to find some time to de-stress. The health club typically will do that for me. I always leave there feeling relaxed and better able to handle the challenges life throws my way but I haven't been able to get their consistently. Wha Wha Wha - call the whambulance! I'll stop whining now. Thanks for listening/reading.

Replies

• ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    It does help to vent, whine or b**** sometimes. We all do it. It's frustrating when life gets in the way of taking care of ourselves, but it happens to all of us sometimes. All we can do is hang on for the ride and wait for things to get better. That's what I'm doing now. I'm fighting bronchitis, over seeing a kitchen renovation, helping with childcare for 2 of my grand sons, working overtime to try to keep up with my job and trying to be there for family members who need me. There is no space in my house to work out and no time to go to the gym, even if I could manage to stop coughing long enough to work out. I know things will get better, eventually. For now I am trying to watch the calories and trying not to beat myself up too bad when I notice the muscle I gained is fading fast. We are all only human and can only do our best with each day and each new situation. Hang in there, you'll get back to working out, as will I!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to do you, before you do everyone else. You have a lot on your plate. I thought I did, till now. I have learned to say no, it has helped.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Goodness girl!!

MAKE time for you.

All of those things that you have going on... prioritize, delegate, and maybe even let some go. You do NOT have to do it all!! Give yourself permission to be human instead of superhuman.

:flowerforyou:
  • MrsRadder
    MrsRadder Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am going to friend you because my goal is to get down to my fighting weight.

Sorry to hear that you have it a slump :( I to feel over worked with no time for myself. It's hard to make it to the gym in the mornings when you get up so early and have to stay up so late. Good luck!
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above-you need to put your health first. Unfortunately there are only so many hours in a day and you can't do it all. It is wonderful all the things you do. It stinks, but you most likely need to prioritize and put your efforts there, leaving room for you to take better care of yourself. Good Luck !
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I'm so with you! I volunteer with the Youth Football and Cheer league in my town. I've been trying to get up at 5am to get a workout in...it's so hard....although I love the way I feel afterwards.
    My schedule 3-4 days a week is:
    5:00am up
    5:30am gym
    6:30am home to wake the kiddos and hubby
    6:45am making breakfast for everyone
    7:00am wake up the hubby again
    7:15am shower
    7:25am: push the oldest child out the door to catch the bus
    7:30am: wake up hubby again (he reaaaally needs to stay awake this time! He has to get the other two to school!)
    8:00am: work
    4:45pm: go home to get me and my kids ready for football/cheer practice
    5:25pm: arrive at practice
    7:30pm: wait for parents to pick up their kids
    8:15pm: home to cook dinner
    clean up, baths, homework, bedtime stories and snuggles, revamp cheers/routine and maaaaayyybe get to bed by midnight!

So, I can totally relate!! Friend me if you'd like!!! :flowerforyou: