Hello...and Happy New Year

Options
I am looking forward to 2009 and I want to get in shape.....I have three beautiful children and I work full time and have struggled with my weight for a long time....I am tipping the scales this morning at 240LBS...the most I have ever weighed....even when I was preggos....So I have decided that my health is going to be a huge prioity for me from 2009 and on wards....I have three beautiful children I need to keep up with.....so my goal is to loss 80lbs...so I need a lot of support and encouragement....I have yo yo dieted for years....but I want to make health changes for life!

Replies

• leeannjenkins
    Options
    I am looking forward to 2009 and I want to get in shape.....I have three beautiful children and I work full time and have struggled with my weight for a long time....I am tipping the scales this morning at 240LBS...the most I have ever weighed....even when I was preggos....So I have decided that my health is going to be a huge prioity for me from 2009 and on wards....I have three beautiful children I need to keep up with.....so my goal is to loss 80lbs...so I need a lot of support and encouragement....I have yo yo dieted for years....but I want to make health changes for life!
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Well, hello and welcome. You've come to the right place, I LOVE MFP and hope you will, too. The best advice I got and that I can give is to USE YOUR FOOD DIARY, it's like a miracle tool, I was so surprised to see what a difference "seeing" everything you eat in a day all added up and then being accountable... and make sure you write down every little thing in the beginning, a bite of this and a bite of that add up really fast. As time passes you will just make healthier choices out of habit. Also, remember that ANY kind of exercise is GREAT. I started my journey at 232 lbs, also have 3 beautiful children (3 ugly C-sections), and had dieted, the wrong way, for years... So, I can totally relate to your story. Don't worry, YOU CAN DO IT!! Be proud of your every acheivement, and learn from your mistakes but don't let them get you down, every day is a new and wonderful day that you will be one step closer to being the healthiest you you can be!!
  • mimi9463
    mimi9463 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I lost 100 lbs 5 years ago and can't believe that I am back at this again, but what matters is that we are back!!!!! I have decided to chart my weight goals in 10% increments so that my overall number won't be so overwhelming. Good Luck and can't wait to see our progress!!!!
  • danielle_uhlir
    Options
    I just joined and am looking foward to seeing a difference also. My one down fall right now with working out is I have a fractured foot and can not do jazzercise which I loved doing. So my goal for now is going to be working on what I eat and cutting back and no more snacks after 7 pm and see were that will get me. I want to enjoy playing and running around with my three children especially since my 6 month old is crawling everywhere and started already pulling herself up to her knees, it is so cute. She is going to keep me busy!
  • leeannjenkins
    Options
    Thank you Girls!!!!....this is what I need ...I have been told many times to keep a diary...but then I get bored and loss track....I know this is what I need to do ...I need to be accountable!!!!...that is the key word...I and only me ......I need to be accountable....I am so looking forward to this!...Thanks a million...for this encouragement!
  • leeannjenkins
    Options
    Yes my motivation will be my children too!...mine are 20mths...3 and 6..busy moms we are ...that is the hard part sometimes is finding time for us....or at least that is my major struggle!