Getting off track

Options
Im finding myself getting off track exercising. ive been staying motivated other ways ( going on long walks with the family) other things like that, but im finding it hard to actually workout like i should be. i have a 2 and 3 year old. and my husband works 3rds. and its nearly impossible to work out with the kids around, and come evening, i just wanna chill. but i am however sticking to my diet for the most part. once in a while ill go over, but usually its great. im not sure what im looking for here, i guess just some more support. i need to loose about 100 more pounds so i need to stay focused!

Replies

• Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Work out with the kids! Take them to the park and run around with them! Bench press the smaller one! :-D Kids are supposed to be excellent workout tools/excuses!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I am currently off track, myself. I don't really have any advice, but know that it happens to lots of people. I guess we just need to remember why we are doing this and focus on our reasons again.
  • MissLedford87
    Options
    maybe invest in a wii?? i have three kids and the wii active is a great game.
  • Eleisabelle
    Options
    Are there creative ways to get exercise while the kids are around? Put on some music you all can enjoy and dance for an hour. Go outside with them and play tag or throw a ball around. Go to the playground with them, and don't just watch--play with them! Added benefit--they'll sleep better at night. ;)

I don't have kids, but I've started getting up early while the hubby is still asleep to create a little time for myself during the day--I can get my own projects done, get exercise...

I know it's challenging, though. So many people I work with and know have the same problem. I'm sure that with some research you can find a creative, fun solution that keeps you motivated. Good luck!
  • bcopeland2005
    bcopeland2005 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i know just what u mean about getting off track! i am just getting back on track myself and it's hard. i dont have kids so i dont have the same challenges as you, but i know u can do it. it's a challenge and i think it always will be especially with your time constraints with the kids, but just know we are all in this with you and you CAN do it! good luck!! =)
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I completely understand where you are coming from. I also have 2 little ones and a hubby that works 3rd shift. I would much rather get up in the morning and go for a jog or something before work but I can't becasue the kids are at home and the hubby is still at work and as soon as he gets home, I have to get ready for work. By the time I get off work, I don't feel like doing anything. I was just posting on my status that I am really in a slump lately and need some support and motivation to get back into the swing of things. Good luck on your journey!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    If you're still taking long walks with the kids and doing well with your eating, your lifestyle is healthy.

Remember that MFP builds in your caloric deficit without exercise so you should continue to lose as long as you're watching what you eat. Of course, exercise is a good thing so we should be aiming to do that every day - but don't beat yourself up over a low energy cycle... let it happen for a bit and know that your eating has to stay on track. Then when you feel like you really need a big food day, make yourself go work out and see how you feel! You may be ready to try for more exercise again!

We are all here to have a healthier life than before MFP... you've got this :smile:
  • aethompson5507
    aethompson5507 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    maybe invest in a wii?? i have three kids and the wii active is a great game.

we have a wii :)
  • aethompson5507
    aethompson5507 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    If you're still taking long walks with the kids and doing well with your eating, your lifestyle is healthy.

Remember that MFP builds in your caloric deficit without exercise so you should continue to lose as long as you're watching what you eat. Of course, exercise is a good thing so we should be aiming to do that every day - but don't beat yourself up over a low energy cycle... let it happen for a bit and know that your eating has to stay on track. Then when you feel like you really need a big food day, make yourself go work out and see how you feel! You may be ready to try for more exercise again!

We are all here to have a healthier life than before MFP... you've got this :smile:

i know your right, but i just feel like exercising would help the 100lbs come off faster lol. because the sooner i get it off, the better i will feel about myself :)