Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I cannot cook

for my life. I just signed up and i am in dire need for easy(ish) recipes. I'll tell you just how bad i am at cooking that i have caught multi things on fire ( grill cheese cupcakes ect) and blew up sauce. My kitchen was literally bleeding =(

I did just learn how to make chicken that you could actually eat =)

Replies

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member
    "Anyone Can Cook!" - Chef Gusteau go watch Ratatouille
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    i'm kind of a bad cook too....i can make pasta and omelettes...but i need simple recipes too! vegetarian or pescatarian please :)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Buy a crockpot, google crockpot recipes. Hard to blow things up with a crockpot.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    i have a foreman grill too! majorly helpful.
  • donnaeve8
    donnaeve8 Posts: 113 Member
    Me neither. Well, I can cook some things but I hate to cook. I stick to the frozen Healthy Choice meals and protein bars. People can say they are bad choices but sometimes they are all that some folks got lol!
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    i'm still scarred from hot oil !
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Go "Raw" problem solved!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Do you use recipes and a kitchen timer? If you burn things when following a recipe I'd wonder if something is wrong with your oven. If the recipe say 20 min at 400 degrees and yours burns, that's not a problem with the cook.

I'd suggest going to your local bookstore and perusing the cookbook section for something labelled "easy" or with low ingredients and starting with that. Or Google it. Or watch the food network.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Buy a crockpot, google crockpot recipes. Hard to blow things up with a crockpot.

I dunno about that! I've screwed up more meals in the crockpot than anywhere else. LMAO!
  • smitchell37
    smitchell37 Posts: 121 Member
    I cant cook either. I can use my crockpot and george foreman. If you go to sparkrecipes.com search crockpot they have very healthy recipes
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    i have a foreman grill too! majorly helpful.

The George Forman grill rocks! Definately invest in one... they are pretty cheap and make meat a breeze to cook!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    LMGTFY
  • I can't cook either. Allrecipe.com. You can find easy with few ingredients there.
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    Crockpot! I just got one & have eaten more real food (vs frozen) in this past week than I have in the past month. I've had one too many accidents in the kitchen & refuse to touch the stove, but the crockpot is my new best friend
  • I actually made Ratatouille!!! It was super simple and so delicious... Very good for you and the leftovers made a wonderful spaghetti sauce. Give it a try!

Cook Time: 35 minutes
    Total Time: 35 minutes
    Ingredients:

2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
    1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
    1 small eggplant, cubed
    2 green bell peppers, coarsely chopped
    2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
    3 to 4 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
    1 teaspoon dried leaf basil
    1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
    1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Preparation:
    In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add eggplant; stir until coated with oil. Add peppers; stir to combine. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep vegetables from sticking.

Add tomatoes, zucchini, and herbs; mix well. Cover and cook over low heat about 15 minutes, or until eggplant is tender but not too soft.
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    LOL yeah I was gonna say get some crockpot recipes, those are prob the best for you :) here is my fav! -

spray a large crockpot with cooking spray, cut up an onion put the slices on the bottom (this tenderizes the meat), then put in a bottom round roast fat side up, pour 1-2 cups water over it, sprinkle with lemon pepper and garlic, add more onion slices on top, peel about 3 potatoes cut into about 6 chunks per potato,throw in some baby carrots, cook on low prob about 6-8hrs or high prob 4-6 hrs(depends on the crockpot), low is better and juicier :) and its done. easy and yummy, don't forget to save the juice after and use for soup with the leftover meat!

Or super easy= put about 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts in a crock pot on low with some onion and 1/2-1 cup water, when almost done take it out shred it and put it back in, sautee some green pepper slices for a min, put some chicken,onion,and green pepper on a tortilla wrap with some hot sauce, yum! good with rice a roni, use leftover juice and chicken for soup :)
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Okay i have a crock pot on my registry so maybe i'll start building up some recipes. The cupcakes i blame the oven the grill cheese i blame my mom. She never cooked with butter so she just watched the grill cheese closely and "grilled" it on low heat. Well i didnt know that. Thank god it was winter (Cleveland) and freezing out because i tomahawked my grill cheese right out the window into the snow =)

I usually do the "raw" things or call my Future Hubby and make him "show me" a.k.a cook me dinner =)
  • Crock pot is super easy! Highly recommend it.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,850 Member
    ← has melted peanut butter, burned water, and created cinnamon spaghetti.

←still manages to concoct edible creations now and then... all hope is not lost just yet.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    "Anyone Can Cook!" - Chef Gusteau go watch Ratatouille

I love that movie!!!