Bicycling NSV

Options
Road bicycling NSV this morning: I finally climbed Pixley Knob without bailing. It is a 12% grade and has been sort of a mental Mount Everest for me. It may not seem like much, especially for those of you all who do not ride, but for me, it is quite symbolic. Very! I could not have done it one year and 80 pounds ago. Anyway, Pixley is known as one of 100 notable steep bicycling climbs in my area. I feel relieved and encouraged now to try more. So here's to it!

No matter what you do, be happy, be healthy, and be safe yall!

Replies

• Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Great job man!! I'm just getting into biking and can sure feel a little grade - can't imagine 12% for any distance. WTG!
  • woohoo! well done.

I do not own a bike....I am going to save up for one next year. Until then, I go to spinning classes and I apreciate how those hills, real or fake can overcome us all with fatigue, depending on the week we have had.

What is your next challenge?
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Keep up the good work!
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    you just gave me a great idea
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I know that feeling! I don't know what the grade it, but there is a three mile long hill here that I have been challenging myself with for a while. First time I ever went up, it took an hour and a half because I had to keep stopping and resting. End of August I did in 25 minutes, no stops! It feels great. But I still hate hills.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Great nsv! I have trouble walking a 12% grade!
  • kdfball74
    Options
    Thats AWESOME. I ride a lot but on the flat lands of Kansas. Every year we go to Vail and ride the road bike but not 12%. CONGRATS and keep it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!