breastfeeding calories

Options
is there a way for me to go into my profile and add in that i am breastfeeding so it adds in those calories daily?

Replies

• SaraWojcik19
    SaraWojcik19 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    is there a way for me to go into my profile and add in that i am breastfeeding so it adds in those calories daily?
  • sherris
    sherris Posts: 112
    Options
    sorry i'm not a mom yet..... u lose calorories breastfeeding?????? or ....it can't be adding up baby calories...LOL!!! just curious..... how many do u lose????
  • SaraWojcik19
    Options
    yes you burn about 500 caloriws a day breastfeeding. thats why i need those calories added to my plan.
  • midnightangelz
    Options
    I just added breastfeeding under exercise and defined it as a 500 cal event, and then every day I add it to my exercise
  • jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Doesn't look like there is a way to include that but the website http://www.ahealthyme.com/topic/calneed takes breastfeeding into consideration. So I suggest using their calculator and then using that number as your base.
  • SaraWojcik19
    Options
    great. i'll do that too.
  • supermom1114
    Options
    I just added breastfeeding under exercise and defined it as a 500 cal event, and then every day I add it to my exercise

I thought about doing that but then it throws off how many cals I should be burning a week with actual exercise, and you can burn between 300-500 so I usually eat about 400 more.
  • mommy2my3kids
    Options
    oh i'm glad i found this post! good info that i need too! ;)