Water Retition

Options
I drink about 6-8 20 ounce bottles of water a day how much of that am i retaining? In pounds I have started this year off right and want to make sure I am doing everything right.

Replies

• mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I drink about 6-8 20 ounce bottles of water a day how much of that am i retaining? In pounds I have started this year off right and want to make sure I am doing everything right.
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    I don't know for sure...but I think that as long as you are exercising and consistant with your water intake that your body will balance itself out and only hold what it needs. If your body knows it is getting plenty of water there is no reason for it to "hord or stock up" on the water. Hope this helps!:flowerforyou:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I drink about a gallon a day, or I used to before the doctor told me to cut back. I very seldom retained water, even if I went high on sodium. Just so you know, if you cut back from a high amount, it will take your body a while to adjust, and you will retain for a while after cutting back. I know from experience... lol
  • mbb8682
    Options
    Thank you for your help. I am just trying to be so good.:flowerforyou:
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Next question, are you forcing yourself to drink that much, or does it go down easy? My doctor literally flipped when I told him I'd been drinking a gallon a day for a year (this does not include coffee or milk--just water, the other liquids probably make it a gallon and a half)... He told me there is no need to go over 64 oz in a day. I still get in about 3 32 oz jugs of water, so I'm still over his recommended limit, but dang.... I get thirsty! lol
  • Jillian
    Jillian Posts: 88
    Options
    Speaking of water retention... I put on about 10lbs of water every month! Anybody else have this problem?
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    I'm assuming your 10 lbs goes away at the end of the week though? lol .... it is common, yes
  • Jillian
    Jillian Posts: 88
    Options
    At the end of my cycle
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Then yes, it is common... Most of the ladies on here won't even weigh the week before or the week of...
  • mbb8682
    Options
    Not forcing myself i really love water and just drink it all day while at work and diet green tea. I haven't weighed myself since last week so I am due for a weigh in.
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Next question, are you forcing yourself to drink that much, or does it go down easy? My doctor literally flipped when I told him I'd been drinking a gallon a day for a year (this does not include coffee or milk--just water, the other liquids probably make it a gallon and a half)... He told me there is no need to go over 64 oz in a day. I still get in about 3 32 oz jugs of water, so I'm still over his recommended limit, but dang.... I get thirsty! lol
    All I really drink is water. I told my dietician (I just saw her for the 1st time on Sat.) that I drank between 4 and 6 bottles (20oz) every day and she said that was great, no problem. What your body doesn't need you are supposed to pee out, oh sorry... urinate. Been on another post with Max and Before so I forgot my lady-like manners for a moment.
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    That's what I always figured too more in, more out... lol... But the doctor was pretty freaked about it. Even after my sugar tests all came back normal, he told me to cut back.
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I'm forcing myself cuz that's the only way it's going down!
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    I'm forcing myself cuz that's the only way it's going down!

But are you drinking 120 to 160 oz a day? lol... forcing the 64 oz is probably important, over that, not so important.