September 13 is Positive Thinking Day :)

live2dream
live2dream Posts: 614 Member
....and I'm not having too great of a day... but i'd like to turn it around. :)

Share your favorite positive thinking quote...

Here's one:

“When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure”
Peter Marshall

And my favorite positive thinking blog: www.positivethoughts.blogspot.com ---> always puts things in perspective for me.

Replies

• That blog only has 1 post from 2004???
  • Where do you see 2004??

Here's my quote:

"Set backs only pave the way for come backs." :)
  • live2dream
    That blog only has 1 post from 2004???

Sorry that's not the right one...gotta run...will look it up later :)
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    OK guys. I don't think we are getting off to a good start.

I am gonna think of something positive.......thinking...........thinking..............

Oh heck! I got nuthin'.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    "A year from now you will wish you had started today"!
  • "the key to happiness is having dreams; the key to success is making them come true"- James Allen
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,978 Member
    "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow'."

:flowerforyou:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    :bigsmile: All of life is a journey; which paths we take, what we look back on, and what we look forward to is up to us. We determine our destination, what kind of road we will take to get there, and how happy we are when we get there.:flowerforyou:

When you realize how perfect everything is, you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky. Buddha

Giving is the secret of a healthy life. Not necessarily money, but whatever a person has of encouragement, sympathy and understanding. John D. Rockefeller
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    crap, i suck at quotes BUT here's one i might butcher but i like it...

life isnt about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself...
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    "Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm".

Sir Winston Churchill
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    crap, i suck at quotes BUT here's one i might butcher but i like it...

life isnt about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself...

Love this. . . and no you didn't butcher it!:smile:
  • live2dream
    GOOD ONES you guys! Thanks! Some of these I've never heard of and are now new faves! :D

Here's the correct blog site I was talking about in my orig post... positive-thoughts.typepad.com/ .. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

Whoaaaa. Black Betty...bam ba lam..... ok that is all... I'm in SUCH a good mood now- my day has turned around- I got a call to be in an art show I am excited about, my hives went away, and I had a GREAT workout... :D
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,978 Member
    GOOD ONES you guys! Thanks! Some of these I've never heard of and are now new faves! :D

Here's the correct blog site I was talking about in my orig post... positive-thoughts.typepad.com/ .. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

Whoaaaa. Black Betty...bam ba lam..... ok that is all... I'm in SUCH a good mood now- my day has turned around- I got a call to be in an art show I am excited about, my hives went away, and I had a GREAT workout... :D

LOVE Black Betty! How can you listen to that and still be in a bad mood? Not possible!

Another favorite quote: "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Yes it was totally!!!
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member

“A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.”~Ghandi