attention northwest dwellers

Options
Welcome fall. Thank you for casting your dewy morning on us. I am feeling pretty TIRED today and i place blame on the weather. I walked outside this morning and the first thing I thought was, well, guess my bike riding is over. I hope I don't lose my summer motivation.

So, how do you stay motivated when the sun doesn't want to play anymore?

Replies

• txmike64
    txmike64 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    We don't have that problem in the land of freedom and liberty, here in the Republic of Texas. . Plenty of sunshine all of the time, and the beach is just but 2 hours away.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Sun... What is this sun thing you speak of? Is it that annoying yellow thing that's made the weather way to warm these past few weeks? *confused*
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    ugh i hear ya... it's been warmer than normal here in idaho but the weather people are saying it's going to start cooling off and i'm dreading it. i do jillian michaels dvds and i have a treadmill and elliptical in the garage.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I live in the Yukon. That's about as North West as you can get... except for Alaska. But who counts Alaska?
  • taco_tap
    taco_tap Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Oh Texas, I was there a few weeks ago. It was too hot to go outside! I know I should not complain, bc when the sun is out, life is perfect. But the summer was short here and I guess the rain missed us. Im sure its helping kill the wildfires, but its also killing my mojo. Glad I take vitamin D.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Treadmill time, I suppose
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Treadmill time, I suppose

It's why I bought one....for the fact there are no excuses when it's always perfect inside :smile:
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I went for a walk in NW Seattle last night with a beautiful sunset over the sound with the Olympics. On the way home was a huge moon rising. Yes today is grey and cool - perfect for my run/walk (not too hot). However I too think the summer was too short. It will be cool this week but usually September and October is nice. The only month I hate in the Northwest is November - cold wet and you aren't used to it yet.
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I like to still walk and run in the rain. Its stress cleansing.
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I'm in NW Washington State near the Canadian border. For the wimps, stop your fussing and dress in layers then get your backsides out there and GET MOVING! Lol!

It's cool and overcast in Lynden this morning, 62 degrees. Cooler, yes, but you can move faster, burn more calories and you'll warm up in a hurry when you get your blood circulating well. I'm heading out on my new trike after I get a high protein breakfast.

www.endomondo.com (free exercise app for your smart phone...has a built in GPS). Connects with Facebook. I absolutely love using it.
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm in NW Washington State near the Canadian border. For the wimps, stop your fussing and dress in layers then get your backsides out there and GET MOVING! Lol!

THIS!!! :)
  • supermom1114
    Options
    I live in the Yukon. That's about as North West as you can get... except for Alaska. But who counts Alaska?

Hey I'm in Alaska!!! We count! Although I'm a native Texan recently transplanted here for hubby's job, but loving it already!

I'd say indoor spin class or treadmill day!
  • taco_tap
    Options
    I like Strava for biking. Im not whining either. I will still rock the gym like a boss. Im just saying the sun is soo invigorating! Might eve check out some zumba classes, or dust off the Wii..
  • Imsojen
    Imsojen Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Ugggg drizzly wet Willamette Valley. Story of my life. Elliptical for me or other indoor workouts. Although im a true Oregon girl sometimes I love to walk in the rain.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I love the clouds and the rain! :flowerforyou:
  • taco_tap
    Options
    Ugggg drizzly wet Willamette Valley. Story of my life. Elliptical for me or other indoor workouts. Although im a true Oregon girl sometimes I love to walk in the rain.

A fellow eugeneian... Im from Texas but have been here for about 15 years. I know, the rain keeps this state soo beautiful. You cant have a rainbow without a lil rain... and we get lots of both!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

It does make me want to go out for a nice long walk on the lake front in Kirkland today.
  • YukonJoy
    Options

Hey I'm in Alaska!!! We count! Although I'm a native Texan recently transplanted here for hubby's job, but loving it already!

I'm a transplant too!!

Where in Alaska? I live 5 hour drive from Haines and 2 hour drive from Skagway... 12 hours from Anchorage.
  • YukonJoy
    Options

It does make me want to go out for a nice long walk on the lake front in Kirkland today.

I love walking home from the gym in the rain.
  • supermom1114
    Options

I'm a transplant too!!

Where in Alaska? I live 5 hour drive from Haines and 2 hour drive from Skagway... 12 hours from Anchorage.

I live an 1 1/2 with good roads from Fairbanks. I've been told 8-10 hours from Anchorage, never made the actual drive yet.