day 3 and i have a weigh in question

Options
Ok, I have a question for all of you here on mfp. So I weighed myself this morning and I have lost weight! My problem is when I first started on here my starting weight is from when I had weighed myself at night. Should I use my weight now as my starting point, or should I celebrate the loss even though I am not sure of the actual amount? Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies

• Angiebug1969
    Options
    Definitely celebrate your loss! But I would suggest weighing yourself at the same time each day you have a weigh in (not everyday!) :happy:

Congrats!!
  • cookybroad
    Options
    I agree it's good to weigh at the same time and in the same clothes or nothing at all to get a more accurate weight. GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • howmyworldruns
    Options
    I weigh in the morning, same time. Started out weighing every day, now every other. I had to in order to keep myself motivated.
  • allison_joan
    Options
    Celebrate the loss! But I do only weigh myself once a week (Friday), in the morning before I eat and always not wearing clothes so I can make sure my weigh ins are as accurate as possible :)
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Definitely celebrate your loss! But I would suggest weighing yourself at the same time each day you have a weigh in (not everyday!) :happy:
    ^THIS. And make sure clothing is consistent (jeans vs. sweatpants caused weight variation... unless you go in the buff)
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Your weight will flucuate thoughout the day. I weigh myself in the morning... as it is when I am lightest. I find by about 5:00 I am at my heaviest (usually 2-4 lbs heavier than in the morning) from food and drink throughout the day.

Also if you weigh yourself daily you will go crazy beacuse your body weight flucuates through the week as well so I only record my weight once a week.
  • amfeierabend74
    Options
    I know from now on I am going to weigh myself in the morning and only check it about once a week. I had to weigh myself this morning because I am already feeling better and noticing a difference in my energy level. I am going to celebrate the loss even though I know it is not completely accurate.

11028805.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    noticing a difference in my energy level. I am going to celebrate the loss even though I know it is not completely accurate.
    As you should! Congratulations, that's a great start!