Would you suggest a consignment shop?

Options
I have lost three to four sizes now, which means that I have boxes and boxes of clothes in my room. I have donated a lot of the everyday stuff to charity, but I have some really nice things from events or work clothes that I would like to try to make a little money from to help with replacement costs. Do you recommend trying a consignment store? I could also do Ebay, but that seems like more work. What have you done in the past with your clothing? Thanks for the input.

Replies

• SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I always sold the nicer stuff on Ebay. With home pickup for shipping and being able to order everything from the boxes to tape and labels online, it's gotten much easier to list and get things out of the house.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    There is a Facebook page for this... MFP clothing swap or something similar. I can't get fb at work or I would post the link... but do a search - someone has posted about it before.

I am in need of size 20's if you have any... :bigsmile:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Consignment stores are easier than ebay, but don't expect to get very much money for your items! For things that are very nice brands in great condition, you would probably make more money on ebay... for more "generic" clothes, however, you'd probably make about the same at a consignment shop once you factor in the cost of shipping materials and postage that go along with ebay... not to mention that ebay takes a comission!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I've used ebay and a consignment shop. I usually go to the consignment shop and whatever I can't sell I put together as a "lot" on ebay. If it sells yippy if not I donate it. If the consignment shop only leaves me a few things I usually skip ebay and just donate it. A lot of times I can find someone I know personally and see if they want to dig through. I post a note on facebook and usually I can find a home for things. I do that a lot of times with toys, furniture, etc... I've also used Craig's list but only for large items. Good luck on finding new homes for them!