I weighed in this morning.

Options
I've lost 4 pounds in a week... HOLY CRAP!!! :)

Replies

• Skinny_to_be
    Options
    I've lost 4 pounds in a week... HOLY CRAP!!! :)
  • Gats
    Gats Posts: 42
    Options
    count your limbs ...:bigsmile:

Well done :flowerforyou: , but go steady ... slow but steady is best ...:
  • daniellerprescott
    Options
    Great job, I weighed in also, lost 4 pounds too since Monday!
    I only went to the gym twice, but the logging of food is helpign!
  • rperr30
    rperr30 Posts: 35
    Options
    How many calories have you been eating and how much exercise?
  • erin83070
    erin83070 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well done!:flowerforyou:
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    Options
    Good Job!! Keep up the good work
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Way to go:drinker:
  • chrispchef1
    Options
    doesnt' it feel GREAT!!!!!! keep it up!

:smile:
  • Skinny_to_be
    Options
    I've been keeping it at 1200 Calories and 30 minutes of exercise three times a week. And I agree, the writing it down definitely helps. The first 2 days I was over 1200, and once I figured out what I could and couldn't eat, and how to calculate, and write it all down, it came easy. Also, I don't eat after 8 PM. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
  • chrispchef1
    Options
    Yeah the food diary is the best reality check!

I try to save 150 cals. for my night time snack... If I didn't eat after 8pm I would have to go to bed at 8:05! :laugh:
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Yeah the food diary is the best reality check!

I try to save 150 cals. for my night time snack... If I didn't eat after 8pm I would have to go to bed at 8:05! :laugh:

Thats great.
  • tinamommy727
    tinamommy727 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Whooo Hooo! I lost 5 pounds this week!
  • ksgirl
    ksgirl Posts: 14
    Options
    We must be twins, Skinny-to-be. I started this thing Monday too, and weighed in this morning--lost 4 lbs. I'm keeping it at or under 1200 calories per day, and also have set the 8pm cutoff for food intake. I was a big nighttime eater, and I think that probably has a lot to do with it. I'm doing 30 minutes of Pilates type exercise 3 times per week and I walk at least 2 miles everyday. I have 4 dogs and no fence, so I have a really good motivation for the walking--3 of the 4 dogs are overweight too. So me and the pups, we're in this together.

Keep up the good work everybody!
    Kelly
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!
    Having a night time snack is ok.. as long as you stay within your calories.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • baldwin0125
    Options
    I agree--it's really eye-opening to see your calorie count. Little snacks throughout the day (popcorn, candy bar mini, etc) really add up! I've gone over my calories a couple of days and it's mostly due to snacks. I work in an office and unhealthy snacks are too accessible! I'm working on it, though.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    wow 4-5 lbs in a week is awesome. But I think that anytime you start a 'new' program the first week is usually the biggest. So don't be disappointed next week when you see a 1-2 lbs loss (and there is nothing wrong with any amount of loss). : )

Good jobs.

Its my first week as well but I won't weigh-in until Monday.
  • turtle18828
    Options
    :flowerforyou: congradulations....... ur doing great!!!! keep up the good work. And remember dont give up if u only lose 1-2 pounds next week ok.... it's normal.......my first week i lost 5 pounds. i bout had a cow.... i was so excited. You are the woman...... keep up the good work.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!!!!! Good job, girl! Just when you need a boost, you get one. Keep it up!:glasses:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! :flowerforyou:

You sound like I did back in October; it's amazing how the food journal will impact you, just don't get obsessed! :laugh:

I too lost several pounds this week, and for the first time in about 5 years am in the 150s!!!! :blushing:
    I usually weigh on Mondays & take my measurements, but something felt different so I thought I'd check (really excited 'cause I'm PMSing too)! :happy:

Word to the wise, I did well for about a month at 1200 cal + exercise cals. Then I came to a screeching halt. I am now consuming about 14-1600 cal + exercise and the weight is moving again. SO, if you see the same thing happening, mix it up or you will get frustrated! :tongue:

Thanks to everyone here who has kept me motivated, you made the difference! :flowerforyou:
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Great job everyone!

Angela