WW points

Options
is anyone using this site on Weight Watchers? I would love some suggestions.

Cari

Replies

• CariZ
    CariZ Posts: 12
    Options
    is anyone using this site on Weight Watchers? I would love some suggestions.

Cari
  • kdanderson05
    Options
    I do WW but I do WW in person, and I'm kind of confused about what you are talking about.
  • turtle31
    turtle31 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am a WW member also. I found this sight last night while watching Dietribe on lifetime. I'm thinking it may be better than WW.
  • turtle31
    Options
    [
  • CariZ
    Options
    I was using the food diary to find out the calorie/fiber/fat contents. and some things are off.
    do you guys use the diary to track your points?
  • turtle31
    Options
    how long have you been on WW? What do you think about this sight?
  • turtle31
    Options
    I only started last night., but I only see a little difference. For example, I like the honey mustard wraps at McDonalds. They are 7 points on WW, but when I looked at the food data base on this sight the were 6 points after I put the numbers in my WW calculator. I don't think that is a BIG difference.
  • CariZ
    Options
    I have been on WW off and on for a month. I'm a horrible dieter. but this was fun to plug in your daily menu and see the actual listings. I usually write it all down on a piece of paper.
    How long have you been on WW? how is it going?

I'm Cari.
  • CariZ
    Options
    I just started this site also today. I listed everything I have planned out to eat today and it was all there. I was surprised. Even the brands I was using.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I am a WW member also. I found this sight last night while watching Dietribe on lifetime. I'm thinking it may be better than WW.

did they specificaly talk about MFP on lifetime ? or just about diet journals ?
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Calories is what it is all about in ever diet plan and this certainly does a fine job ot that.
    Marie
  • CariZ
    Options
    Good point. Calories is the main goal. I was trying to find a good balance of using it. Points vs calories.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

did they specificaly talk about MFP on lifetime ? or just about diet journals ?

I just watched the show and I didnt see them talk about MFP but I had DVR'd it and I forwarded through the commercials.
  • CariZ
    Options
    with you going to WW in person, do you track your points on here? the daily food diary I mean.
  • turtle31
    Options
    They didn't mention the sight but I noticed that he put them on a 1,500 calorie diet. That 's what sparked my interest. Plus my school is doing the biggest loser and our school nurse email us this site.
  • turtle31
    Options
    I'm keeping track of the points through using the calorie counter and the data base nutrition info. Or I just might end WW altogether. I do like the weigh ins and the meetings. I could spend the 40 dollars a month on a good scale.
  • RMONTGOMERY
    Options
    Aren't points the same as calories? I thought like 50 calories = 1 point, or roughly the same.
  • jenn9270
    Options
    50 cals per point is a loose estimation, you would have to take into consideration a high fiber count, etc.

I am on WW, but am now counting calories as well. I keep my WW monthly pass, I need to be weighed in. But I love the counting calories aspect. Besides that the food tracker here has a much better list. :heart:
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    I was on WW for about 14-15 months.. religiosly..

I have lost about 45-50 lbs

It has thought me a lot of things and I think if you follow it .. you can not only loose weight but actually learn a few things here and there- and keep that knowledge..

portion sizes.. for me was a big trouble.. learned with them

and than i learned a calorie is not always a calorie.. i always thought " i knew everything " what there is to know.. i looked up the labels for calories and fat content.. never really cared so much about
    * sugar- in food that you wound't think they have sugar !
    * fiber- no fiber- not worth
    * sodium- to much of it- not good for you -water retention..

etc .. so I have learned to use my calories/ points with more " quality " I have learned to actually say
    " no its' not worth it's calories or ' points " while b/f ww. i would just juggle down what ever was in sight..

Liked the weigh ins and meetings - while the weight was coming of.. than i hit a forever platoe.. and just couldn't loose another oz no matter what i did/changed/ tried.. so eventually after few months of weigh ins and not really moving anywhere .. lbs up- two down.. two up- one down.. etc.. i just lost my motivation for it- now i would maybe go back to it - but can't afford..
  • turtle31
    Options
    I agree, I found Aldi, fit active food on the data base list