New in Waterloo

loomoyer
loomoyer Posts: 37
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
2009 is the start of a new me! My family and I just moved from St. Louis to Waterloo last year. With the move, came a lot of stress and weight gain from staying at home. It is so easy to nibble and snack when you are not working. Not only do I want to lose weight and get fit for me, but I want to set good examples for my daughters who are 3 and 13. The 13 year old also gained a lot of weight during this move. So I am interested in any ideas to "gently" get her off the couch and into exercise.

Replies

• 2009 is the start of a new me! My family and I just moved from St. Louis to Waterloo last year. With the move, came a lot of stress and weight gain from staying at home. It is so easy to nibble and snack when you are not working. Not only do I want to lose weight and get fit for me, but I want to set good examples for my daughters who are 3 and 13. The 13 year old also gained a lot of weight during this move. So I am interested in any ideas to "gently" get her off the couch and into exercise.
  • Destined
    Destined Posts: 116
    Welcome! And you can totally do it. There is a lot of great people and support here.
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Go hiking or walking or biking with her! that way you both get exercise and get to spend time together!
This discussion has been closed.