I need advice on my personal life

Options
curryinahurry
curryinahurry Posts: 83 Member
Hi all you Friends at MFP,

My job is moving too far from me, God blessed me with a new job. My job offer came last week and I start next week (2 week notice). While still at my old job, I got 3 calls to attend 3 more interviews...all good opportunities.

Do I take off time from my old job to go to them?

I am thinking to go check them out, why not...

Or am I being greedy?

Thanks,
CURRY

Replies

• Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I think go check them out if you want to, then you can make an informed choice once the outcomes of those have been decided. You've got to be in it to win it. You don't need to change your mind about the new job but if these others were jobs you're interested in I don't see any harm
  • ericjr7210
    ericjr7210 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    you owe it to yourself to go on the interview... you may find a better opportunity.... you will never know unless you go.... good luck.
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    go check them out. more interviews means possibly more/better opportunities
  • FoxCarter
    FoxCarter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    If you have already firmly accepted another position with another company, it is bad taste to call them and decline (in the event to get an offer from another company and want to take it).
    You might burn some bridges that could come back to haunt you in the future.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Check them out, what could it hurt?
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Always say yes to interviews. It's a great networking opportunity. Even if it doesn't work out now it might be a bridge for next time. Always say yes. And yes, if the offer from a new company is better than the offer from the one you accepted, you call the folks and say "sorry, I have a better offer." Hiring bosses see that all the time.

Things change a bit once you start the new job. But always say yes to interviews.
  • curryinahurry
    curryinahurry Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Makes sense thanks all.

CURRY