Introducing myself

Options
Hi! I see this is the place to jump in, so here I am!! :) SPLASH!!

I'm here to use whatever resources I can find to help me reach my goal of slimming down and shaping up! I hope to find support and accountability and to provide those things as well.

I'm a 43 year old single mother of 2 teenaged daughters, ages 16 and 17. I've been raising them on my own since they were 1 and 2. As might be expected, taking care of myself has taken a back seat to stepping up to my responsibilities and providing for my girls...and it shows. I am feeling the urge to begin to focus on myself more, as my girls are expanding out into the world and becoming their own separate individuals, I am needing to do the same I suppose. I've faced and overcome many obstacles and challenges, and this weight and fitness challenge provides another opportunity for me to apply all that I have learned up until this point.

I have a goal of losing about 30 pounds but haven't yet been very successful in eating healthfully on a consistent basis. I'd like to become a runner, but right now I am struggling with just getting myself to exercise regularly, so first things first. I found this site by an app on my phone - I was looking for a way of tracking my calorie intake. I decided today to come online and give it more of a look.

So, I hope to make some new friends here, and learn a lot. Maybe laugh and cry and celebrate along the way.

I'm off to explore this site...have a wonderful day and thanks for reading!! :)

Replies

• PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place to make friends, everyone is really friendly and helpful. I'm fairly new myself and finding my way around, but so far it's been a great journey. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.
  • Valjhs
    Valjhs Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    well im sort off in the same boat as yourself ....

so feel free to add me as a friend ,,,,,a little support goes a longgggggggggggggggggggggg way

Val :)