How come every thread I have been on today is deleted?

Replies

• MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    15) Protesting a moderator or admin action is not allowed on the forums at any time

Is this authentic?
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    I hope this works.....I just found it:

Alpsbiking2009075.jpg

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • i've just logged on and started reading the boards, and EVERYONE is starting threads about this! What has been happening today?!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    This is not our board it's THEIR board. MFP giveth and MFP taketh awayeth.
    Good point, which is why I can't complain about any censoring. It's a free (non-pay) forum, with rules already outlined in the terms. Makes for some entertaining drama though.
    here here!!!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    because theres new mod who are apparently opinionated and mad with power
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    I wanna comment before it gets deleted!!!

Ok, now it can be delete :bigsmile:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Probably because they are trying to end the drama.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    This is not our board it's THEIR board. MFP giveth and MFP taketh awayeth.
    Good point, which is why I can't complain about any censoring. It's a free (non-pay) forum, with rules already outlined in the terms. Makes for some entertaining drama though.
    here here!!!

While I agree that it is their site and they can do what ever they want with it, they have set up rules like no vulgarity, personal attacks, or starting threads of blogs about individuals, but seem to go ahead and censor for things not in their list of rules. I thinks it's horsepoop that you can have a fun, free-spirited thread going and then one jack wagon can post one cuss word and get the whole thing wiped clean.

Also, if the moderators don't want to deal with all of this drama, get rid of sections like "Chit chat" or blogs and just make everything weight related. If you are going to turn this into a social networking site for fitness and include non-fitness areas where drama builds up, then either ease the censorship or get rid of those sections.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    I think they disagree with what it is said in the topics, and since they lack of knowledge about what to answer, they can only hit "Delete Topic"
  • ahh just witnessed it, apparently a "should I get my wife diamond earrings or a pearl necklace" is way too risque for the boards. which I guess means I am too....
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    The topics have to be about diet and fitness, or they pretty much get zapped, at least that's the way it seems.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 642 Member
    Instead of arbitrarily deleting a thread without notice, wouldnt it be nice for an individual with said power to come into the room and explain why it was about to be deleted, or a warning perhaps as to what content needs to be toned down...like many have said, this random deleting is getting out of hand...
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    While I agree that it is their site and they can do what ever they want with it, they have set up rules like no vulgarity, personal attacks, or starting threads of blogs about individuals, but seem to go ahead and censor for things not in their list of rules. I thinks it's horsepoop that you can have a fun, free-spirited thread going and then one jack wagon can post one cuss word and get the whole thing wiped clean.
    Yeah. Would be nice to be able to keep the thread and just remove the non-rule-conforming comments.
    Also, if the moderators don't want to deal with all of this drama, get rid of sections like "Chit chat" or blogs and just make everything weight related. If you are going to turn this into a social networking site for fitness and include non-fitness areas where drama builds up, then either ease the censorship or get rid of those sections.
    Yep. Gonna have to find a way to create a balance to keep all of the differently-opinionated folks on the site. There was discussion of setting up groups within the forum, to allow like-minded folks to have free rein over topics. That just might be the solution.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    still here? hmmmmm......
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    ahh just witnessed it, apparently a "should I get my wife diamond earrings or a pearl necklace" is way too risque for the boards. which I guess means I am too....

well quite frankly the point of that one was looking for trouble. I am sorry if you really thought he was talking about adornents. yeah not so much
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Instead of arbitrarily deleting a thread without notice, wouldnt it be nice for an individual with said power to come into the room and explain why it was about to be deleted, or a warning perhaps as to what content needs to be toned down...like many have said, this random deleting is getting out of hand...

I got 3 posts deleted in my tenure on MFP and always got an e-mail from Mike explaining why it was deleted and not appropriate.
  • ahh just witnessed it, apparently a "should I get my wife diamond earrings or a pearl necklace" is way too risque for the boards. which I guess means I am too....

well quite frankly the point of that one was looking for trouble. I am sorry if you really thought he was talking about adornents. yeah not so much

no no, i completely understood the thread. While there was definitely insinuation in replies (including my own) I didn't see anything spelled out, or explicit. And the OP himself was poking fun, which lead to the replies being the same, so it's not like the OP was getting bullied or would be offended.

I'm not trying to argue or anything, and like I said, I get the nature of the message. I think it was deleted a LOT faster than normal (if deleted at all) today, just like everyone has been saying.
  • still here? hmmmmm......

Surprising innit?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    I got 3 posts deleted in my tenure on MFP and always got an e-mail from Mike explaining why it was deleted and not appropriate.
    And you look so innocent in your profile pic.
This discussion has been closed.