Ahhhh one of those days...

Options
I can't stop craving junk. There is nutella in my house and it usually does not pose a problem, but today I've eaten 3 tbsps already. Not to mention the two fudgsicles I already ate prior. Usually I'm okay we A treat but today nothing seems to be enough. I had to put it out there in hopes that seeing it in type will help me stop.
Does anyone else have days like this???
What do you do to stop or curve the cravings?

Replies

• sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    I have had a day like this today but I use moth wash or brush my teeth :) xx
  • tubby07
    Options
    i never buy any think too tempting and naughty cus then when im having a bad day its not there for me to grab lol
  • MrsRadder
    MrsRadder Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I put nutella on apple slices and then add sprinkles it makes me feel like I am being bad without going crazy
  • shoeshoebaby7
    Options
    The best thing I've found to do is be patient. find something to do (for me it's usually the internet) that will keep you busy for a little while. It doesn't necessarily stop the craving, but being busy stops you from going for the food immediately and sometimes it gives me time to weigh my options and decide I'd really rather lose weight than nosh on whatever delicious delicacy is calling to me.
  • horndave
    Options
    Brushing teeth, go for a walk, drink a glass of water. One thing is don't beat yourself up, just a part of the process.
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Yes. Sometimes it helps to get out of the house. Can't eat what's in the cabinet if you can't reach it.:happy: There might be a substitute that helps like a cup of hot tea or big glass of crystal light. You will have to experiment with that and see what works for you. Remember that one bad day doesn't wreck your journey to good health. It will happen occasionally so forgive you and move on. Good luck and best wishes for a craving free tomorrow!
  • Severa832
    Severa832 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just try to keep "good" "bad" things available. Apples with PB, Luna bars, sugar free gummi bears, etc. Or like others have said, try to determine if you really are hungry or just bored and then find something to do!
    You'll get through.
    Did posting here help?
  • sparetirebegone
    sparetirebegone Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have had MANY days like this!! The key is to not ever have the temptations in your house. If you really want it, you will have to leave to go get it and 9 times out of 10 you won't!!
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I just spent an hour on the treadmill and now I'm going to brush my teeth. Otherwise it'll be celery for dinner and that just isn't right. LOL
  • Splinkysgirl2
    Options
    Sometimes our body is asking for a particular nutrient that maybe it is short on (e.g. anemics craving lots of ice because they are iron deficient.). Hopefully you'll find that one thing that will rid you of that craving today. I say don't feel bad about it because this seems to be out of the norm for you. If it goes beyond today, maybe you have to figure out if you are under some type of stress, physically or mentally and look for a solution to the real cause. That's just my two cents worth. Good Luck!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm having a few days like this...it's a combo of PMS, stress, getting back into routine, exhaustion, etc...i have no motivation to work out at the gym. I'm hoping to snap out of it soon. Get my poop in a group and at least start eating better...once TOM gets here (tomorrow) I should be back to normal.
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    drink lots of water, sometimes we are dehydrated when we think we are hungry
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i have to say this is helping at the very least it distracting me from me. Did the workout, brushed my teeth and now am drinking lots of water. Thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts, I really apperciate.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm having a few days like this...it's a combo of PMS, stress, getting back into routine, exhaustion, etc...i have no motivation to work out at the gym. I'm hoping to snap out of it soon. Get my poop in a group and at least start eating better...once TOM gets here (tomorrow) I should be back to normal.

What she said ... today I'm sick and it's one of those I'm starving sick days. I cannot get enough of anything. My son just came home from school and I ate the pretzels in his snack pack.

It's like "I MUST EAT"... if I don't listen I swear the world will implode!... I am not kidding!... :drinker: