mens/womens heart rate monitor

Options
I have been looking into getting a heart rate monitor, probably the Polar F4 or F7. I kind of hate all of the women's colors and would rather have a silver or black one than a bright red one or bronze, which are the ones that seem to be the cheapest (on Amazon at least). What is the difference between the men's and womens, and would I be able to use a men's HRM? I'm assuming the chest strap and the watch band might be somewhat big- would it be too big to be usable for me? Any ladies here bought men's HRM and like them?

Replies

• 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    AFAIK, the programming of the HRM is exactly the same... the difference is really in the style and size of the watch.
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I bought a standard HRM, I don't believe it is suitable for just one gender.

The strap fits fine for me, just need to make sure to make the sensors a bit wet for it to work properly. I do however have to have it right under my left boob which can be rather annoying especially during jumping about exercises. Other than that, there isn't really any special requirements needed for women.