Surprise Calorie Monsters such as Buffalo Wings

2»

Replies

• My calorie monster was Arizona tea, I was drinking so much of that every day. 90 calories in 8 fl oz, and 22 grams of sugar! That's almost as much sugar that's in a can of pop, and here I thought I had found a healthy alternative.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    I am originally from Buffalo. In 24 years of my life I probably added roughly 50 pounds to my physique via chicken wing/fingers. Fine if it's every once and awhile. Factor in that we add them to pizza, subs, and can get an all-you-can eat plate for about $5 during sabres games, it's bad. But when there is an annual party weekend dedicated to eating wings and drinking beer (Buffalo Wingfest YUM!!!) there is a major problem.

I found the solution is to move away from Buffalo where I feel no need to stuff my face with sub par wings. But once a year, I partake in a hot wing plate from Duffs, just to remember what heaven tastes like :love:
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    My calorie monster was Arizona tea, I was drinking so much of that every day. 90 calories in 8 fl oz, and 22 grams of sugar! That's almost as much sugar that's in a can of pop, and here I thought I had found a healthy alternative.

Very true, soda (and other high fructose drinks like off-the-shelf tea) was a real calorie bomb for me. I've decided not to drink calories, except in a half cup of coffee or tea with teaspoons of sugar I can control by adding myself.
  • Aegelis
    But when there is an annual party weekend dedicated to eating wings and drinking beer (Buffalo Wingfest YUM!!!) there is a major problem.

Well said and would like to highlight, brew is pretty high as well. In my case I'd paired it with a gyro which was a combo nightmare. If I had either the gyro OR the 7 wings, I would've been fine, but together it put me way over my daily calorie limit.
  • Aegelis
    Pasta at Italian restaurants...they give you like 6 cups! I wasn't fooled this time, I have enough for the next few days.