My Protein Fruit Smoothie

Options
RachVR6
RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
I started making these as something quick for breakfast that I could bring along in a thermos, and then I added the protein as something a little extra after those morning workouts.

I normally eyeball it, meaning dump in some fruit, banana and orange juice and go, but I'll try to make it more 'recipe-like'. If you just dump and go, it tends to taste a little different everytime. :tongue:

Everything except for the banana comes in a frozen fruit bag I buy from Sam's club, but you can get similar ones from the grocery store. I usually buy some frozen strawberries seperate because I like using more of them.

1/2 banana
2 Honeydew melon balls
2-3 Slices of peach
3 Strawberries
1-1.5 cups Orange Juice (depending on if you want it drinkable or more like a slushie)
2-3 Pineapple chunks
1/2 scoop of Whey Protein (I use the wild strawberry flavored kind)

In my experience it comes out to be 350-400 calories usually. The orange juice is a big part of that so you could substitute in apple juice or any other fruit juice you like.

Just thought I'd share! :drinker:

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I started making these as something quick for breakfast that I could bring along in a thermos, and then I added the protein as something a little extra after those morning workouts.

I normally eyeball it, meaning dump in some fruit, banana and orange juice and go, but I'll try to make it more 'recipe-like'. If you just dump and go, it tends to taste a little different everytime. :tongue:

Everything except for the banana comes in a frozen fruit bag I buy from Sam's club, but you can get similar ones from the grocery store. I usually buy some frozen strawberries seperate because I like using more of them.

1/2 banana
    2 Honeydew melon balls
    2-3 Slices of peach
    3 Strawberries
    1-1.5 cups Orange Juice (depending on if you want it drinkable or more like a slushie)
    2-3 Pineapple chunks
    1/2 scoop of Whey Protein (I use the wild strawberry flavored kind)

In my experience it comes out to be 350-400 calories usually. The orange juice is a big part of that so you could substitute in apple juice or any other fruit juice you like.

Just thought I'd share! :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    for later. thanks rach:flowerforyou: