Farewell Taso42

Options

Replies

• kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    over-modding = zealously deleting threads with little or no reason except to be politically correct. I thought free speech was a given but apparently its whoever whines the most that gets a response from mfp mods.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm newish around here so I don't how things operate fully. But couldn't Taso42 create another account? I dont know about ip addresses and all that jazz.....but if I had a few people in this house that used MFP they seriously couldn't ban all of them (if they ban ips) could they?

he wasn't banned, he was sick of the over-modding and left

Right, and him being the unique, bright, witty person that he is would make him identifiable under any name. Rare breed, that Taso. :cry:
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    he thought the site was being over moded

The mods are pandering to the few that whine and complain and take offense to every little tiny thing, no matter how small. Seriously, you are going to FOLLOW PEOPLE around the forums, reporting every thread they post in, all in the name of being a good christian person? Really?

^^^^THIS exactly THIS. Oh, and I love my follower....
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options
    =(

It's a damn shame when stuff from a Disney movie would get you reported... jussayin

ssoooooo gonna miss him!
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    PANTS!!!!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    In memory of a great one now departed, I am declaring a 42 Pants at half mast/staff salute.

pants
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

Thats because it IS.

I love how there is an age restriction of 18, and the forums are rated PG-13, yet they delete stuff that is nowhere near past PG-13. Watched any PG-13 movies lately?

The mods are pandering to the few that whine and complain and take offense to every little tiny thing, no matter how small. Seriously, you are going to FOLLOW PEOPLE around the forums, reporting every thread they post in, all in the name of being a good christian person? Really?

Thats not hypocritical at all.

THIS.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    So you see, in the last few days, the MFP gods have seen fit to take away one of our worst (him who shall not be named) and one of our best.

Kind of a balance to the MFP universe kinda thing.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

why do you assume it was a good christian person following people around and reporting threads?
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    The site is not being over modded. It's a fantastic balance of joy and kindship. .Taso was awesome..funny but gave good advice on the forums.

edited by: The Mods
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

why do you assume it was a good christian person following people around and reporting threads?

Because we have a good idea of who it actually was/is.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

I KNOW who is following me.
  • kevinlynch3
    Options
    And this thread will probably now get deleted since the word "christian" was mentioned ...
  • kevinlynch3
    Options
    The site is not being over modded. It's a fantastic balance of joy and kindship. .Taso was awesome..funny but gave good advice on the forums.

edited by: The Mods

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I was new to his friend's list but he did offer great advice and will be missed on here.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Im jut glad I talk to him outside of here, cuz for the most part Im staying in my corner around here.

This *kitten* has gotten ridic
  • Slinkybaz
    Slinkybaz Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    As I understand it, and correct me if I'm wrong, only God is meant to be allowed to judge. And yet, in my limited personal experience, some religious people can be very judgemental (but I take each person on their merits and don't believe this of religious people across the board) Those people that are hide behind religion in my opinion to protect their extreme beliefs.

I'm an Atheist, but apparently just to say that is offensive. I don't judge based on colour, economic status, sexual orientation or religion. I get to know the person themselves. I have very varied friends and personally my own belief is to be open minded about everything. I am not set in my opinions - my mind has been changed on subjects previously when people have come along with a new and well thought out viewpoint. I think this makes life more interesting - I am constantly growing and experience and people and information I encounter can change my viewpoints. This doesn't make me weak - this makes me strong enough to accept that I get it wrong but I'm big enough to accept it and move on.

It is very sad that Taso feels he has no choice but to leave the site. I will miss his humour but also his great advice.

Thats because it IS.

I love how there is an age restriction of 18, and the forums are rated PG-13, yet they delete stuff that is nowhere near past PG-13. Watched any PG-13 movies lately?

Thats not hypocritical at all.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    And this thread will probably now get deleted since the word "christian" was mentioned ...

I don't think so. I think they are working on having 'that word' put in the website name: "my'_________'fitnesspal". And you have to pass a morals test or something.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

I don't think so. I think they are working on having 'that word' put in the website name: "my'_________'fitnesspal". And you have to pass a morals test or something.

I'll fail that test. Especially if I've been drinking.

Oh wait, you said a morals test, not a standards test. Carry on!
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    It's all getting a bit Stepford. Bye, Taso. Please can whoever that was who's still talking to him please tell him we miss him? Cheers.

I'm off to nick someone's halo and pretend it's mine for when the Gesta... uh, mods come a-knocking.