MFP

Options

Replies

• kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    *quietly tracking his calories, his exercise minutes, cheering on his friends, reading the interesting forum posts, ignoring the ones that aren't useful to me, and saying a small thank you for the wonderfulness of MFP*

MFP is whatever you make it for yourself.

Except when the posts you find interesting keep getting deleted.

^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So weight loss has to be all serious ALL the time. Some of the more entertaining posts are being deleted because people get their knickers in twist about some perceived slander of whatever it is that is closest to their heart...religion..race..nut butter...whatever..

The focus of ANY web site is to keep people coming back...the site is losing people who bring people back again and again. A sense of balance in moderation also involves knowing what NOT to moderate.
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    *quietly tracking his calories, his exercise minutes, cheering on his friends, reading the interesting forum posts, ignoring the ones that aren't useful to me, and saying a small thank you for the wonderfulness of MFP*

So weight loss has to be all serious ALL the time. Some of the more entertaining posts are being deleted because people get their knickers in twist about some perceived slander of whatever it is that closest to their...religion..race..nut butter...whatever..

The focus of ANY web site is to keep people coming back...the site is losing people who bring people back again and again. A sense of balance in moderation also involves knowing what NOT to moderate.
    ^^^^this^^^^^^
  • Autumn15
    Options

"This"
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else like me and starting to think this site is turning into a joke?

Joke? No. Jokes are funny. This is just a sad attempt at day time television.

Everyone is butt sore over everything.

As far as I'm concerned, with Taso leaving.. it is MFP's loss. He'll continue to do great like he always does.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options

So weight loss has to be all serious ALL the time. Some of the more entertaining posts are being deleted because people get their knickers in twist about some perceived slander of whatever it is that is closest to their heart...religion..race..nut butter...whatever..

In regard to weight loss being serious ALL the time, to the people who get their knickers twisted, I just wish once in your life you might experience the gut wrenching laughter that I have exerienced during quite a few of these deleted posts. Laughter that comes from way deep in my belly, causes tears to roll from my eyes, and on occasion has made me spit up. Yeah, that kind of laughter is one of the greatest joys in life.
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    really, how much politeness can you expect from a forum full of hungry people
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options

In regard to weight loss being serious ALL the time, to the people who get their knickers twisted, I just wish once in your life you might experience the gut wrenching laughter that I have exerienced during quite a few of these deleted posts. Laughter that comes from way deep in my belly, causes tears to roll from my eyes, and on occasion has made me spit up. Yeah, that kind of laughter is one of the greatest joys in life.

a-freekin-men!

I have stayed up, hours past when I said "ok, i'm going to bed now!" laughing hysterically at such threads. all the uptightness lately is just so... uptight!
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    What's that suppose to mean?................
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options

bahahahahahahaha!!!! :drinker: :laugh:
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    What's that suppose to mean?................
    nvm lol
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying its a bad site for weight loss. I've lost 27lbs all thanks to mfp. I just think allot of the stuff that's been going on lately is crazy.

You haven't seen crazy lady. This, this is just a bunch of adults QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ about who knows what and getting their panties in a bunch.
    Want to see real forum drama, go take a stroll on the dark side and visit Babycenter.com or Wowforums/general discussion.
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    no offense meant.

just saying im a real pr1ck when im hungry. and everyone here is on some kind of diet......
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    I'm not saying its a bad site for weight loss. I've lost 27lbs all thanks to mfp. I just think allot of the stuff that's been going on lately is crazy.

You haven't seen crazy lady. This, this is just a bunch of adults QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ about who knows what and getting their panties in a bunch.
    Want to see real forum drama, go take a stroll on the dark side and visit Babycenter.com or Wowforums/general discussion.
    Are you implying I'm a child?
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    no offense meant.

just saying im a real pr1ck when im hungry. and everyone here is on some kind of diet......
    no offense taken lol It just lost me at first. But it was quite funny
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options

No, I am implying that you are making a whole bunch out of nothing. This little drama is nada compared to the hardcore drama/namecalling/hair pulling/virus sending drama on other forums lol
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options

No, I am implying that you are making a whole bunch out of nothing. This little drama is nada compared to the hardcore drama/namecalling/hair pulling/virus sending drama on other forums lol
    lol I'm not making a big deal out of it. But drama on other forums is always hilarious to read lol
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    *shrug*
    I signed up to log my calories & exercise and interact with my friends.
    ................I'm still able to do that without obstruction.
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I hear a lot of people going on about drama and I just sit back with some weed and laugh. I love the friends I've made here, and if I ever heard of someone messing with them I'd totally have their backs. (including the op <3)

But seriously, what am I doing wrong that I'm not getting this same amount of drama?
    :smokin:

I'm here to lose w8 not deb8
  • Aj1214
    Aj1214 Posts: 120
    Options
    These are not the droids you're looking for.