TIRED of cottage cheese...

Options
Anybody have other things besides cottage cheese and protein shakes that pack the same low-fat/high-protein wallop that cottage cheese does?

Replies

• jmeeej
    jmeeej Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt

PS...... there is nothing wrong with fat. Fat > carbs
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ricotta cheese - YUMMY!
  • Pamu101
    Options
    greek yogurt, tofu,
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I've actually never had cottage cheese. Looks too much like the inside of a Ton-Ton.
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    Premier Nutrition - Protein Double Chocolate Crunch Bar, 1 Bar (72 g) 30 grams of protien and YUMMY
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    You can get them at Costco and they come in 3 flavors
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Sargento's String Cheese
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is good..... protein bars come in more varieties to keep it interesting...
    Or- you can make things with cottage cheese and protein powder. Like for example, pancakes or waffles- and they are GOOD.

And I agree- GOOD fats are a good thing in moderation..... you NEED fat.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Sorry double post
  • michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not afraid of fat. I just like to keep it under my daily goal, and since I eat meat, I need to bulk up my protein the rest of the day with less fatty forms. On days when ALL of my intake is baked white fish (NOT Seabass!!) and grilled chicken breast, I don't need the cottage cheese. But, if I have a (piece of) steak that day, finishing my protein requirements (I'm on a 40% protein balance) requires lower-fat than things like nuts provide.
  • michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking to limit my sugar, so, with the greek yogurt, it would have to be plain, wouldn't it?
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    *bump* I'm trying to up my protein as well, and with not eating much meat anyhow, it's getting to be a pain in the rear.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese!!! Been eating it lately with some sugar free dry jello sprinkled on it! Yummy...BUT it is soooo high in sodium. If I have a cup a day it's almost 1000 of sodium...ughh.....been trying to cut back on it...
  • jmeeej
    jmeeej Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    So Glad to see you're not freaked out by fat like so many on here!

I try and limit my carbs to around 35g per day so the rest of my diet consists of protein and fat. 1 eat a Paleo diet so I have set my goals at 10%C / 50%P / 40%F..... I was eating about 1/2 to 1 cup of plain greek yogurt during my days for a nice boost of protein (17g per 3/4 cup Oikos Greek Yogurt) but I ended up cutting out dairy as much as possible again because I found that my weight wasn't coming off as easily with that stuff in my diet.

....however I'm not saying you'll have the same results since my body has adapted to be using fat as it's primary source of fuel.
  • 8rules
    8rules Posts: 169
    Options
    Hemp hearts for fat, whey shake mix and water. Or through em all in the blender together. YUM.

Hemp hearts RULE for amino acid and fat profiles and you could likely live on those alone.