For Ladies Who are 5'7

Options

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7". When I graduated high school at 18 years old and the most fit in my life (played three sports, ran, and lifted regularly....would love to know my BF% back then) I was 165.

I'm 28 yrs old now. My goal is 151. Then I'll go from there.

I'm 163 right now. Have been FOREVER while eating a calorie deficit.

Ugh.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5" and weigh 128, I also have a small frame; little wrists, narrow shoulders. I am at my goal weight now, wanted to be 126 but realized that would be too thin. Hard to not get too thin when all you see on magazines and TV are real thin women.
  • NicoleLauren17
    NicoleLauren17 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and right now I'm at 169. I have boobs and a butt though (see profile picture lol). My goal weight is somewhere between 140-150 as of right now, but I'm just gonna see how I feel when I get there.

Add me if you want! I love when other people are 5'7"! I'm by far the tallest out of all my friends :smile:
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal weight is 138 and I chose that because it will be exactly 100 pounds lighter than what I started at. I am just so tired of being fat and want a flat stomach and be able to wear whatever the heck I want! lol I have NEVER been thin so I'm so excited to lose this stupid weight and find the real me. Feel free to add me!
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i am 5'7" and currently weigh about 134. my goal is 128-130. i am 41 so i can't ask for anything lower than that and still be healthy! plus i have a medium frame and am fairly muscular. good luck with your goals!
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6. The number on the scale is such a small part of the equation. My goal is focused more on body fat percent. I do cardio 3 days a week and weight training 3 days a week. So while I'm losing fat, I am putting on muscle. My goal used to be 145 pounds, but I think with doing the weight training, that even at a low body fat percentage (my goal is 20%-22%), that I'll still be over 145. And that's ok. Because with doing the weight training, I'll be toned and sexy, even if I am above 145.

So, my focus is more on watching my body fat percentage drop. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE IT when that scale goes down... but health and fitness is more than just the number on the scale.

God bless!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6. The number on the scale is such a small part of the equation. My goal is focused more on body fat percent. I do cardio 3 days a week and weight training 3 days a week. So while I'm losing fat, I am putting on muscle. My goal used to be 145 pounds, but I think with doing the weight training, that even at a low body fat percentage (my goal is 20%-22%), that I'll still be over 145. And that's ok. Because with doing the weight training, I'll be toned and sexy, even if I am above 145.

So, my focus is more on watching my body fat percentage drop. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE IT when that scale goes down... but health and fitness is more than just the number on the scale.

God bless!

I feel the same really. My BF% is 29% right now :-/
  • sandi228
    sandi228 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am at 150 and I'm ok with it, that was my personal goal. I can wear a 10 or an 8 depending on how it's made. I'm 42 and had to work my butt off to lose weight this time around. I have no regrets and my waist is 32". I am at a healthy BMI when I put in the information. I have a roll on my tummy that may never leave, ughhh.... but I feel great. I'm debating a colon cleanse to make sure all toxins are out of my body. Good luck and do what feels right and good for you. I hate getting stuck on the numbers game, it can discourage you. Go by how you look and feel.
  • Hi, I am 5'7 my goal weight is 140. I have lost and gained weight so many times and I am just ready to be at my goal weight. I don't want to loose to much weight because I would like to have some curves and be able to fill out clothes but still look good!
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5, but I'm sure that's close enough. My goal weight is very loosely 140 pounds. I haven't been that weight since I was short enough for that to still be considered overweight. I'm not so focused on the number, though, and more so how I look at feel.

I'm sure I'll know when I get there.

What I do know right now is that the most I want to be is 160 pounds.
  • heart_explodes
    heart_explodes Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and am aiming for 140lbs. I'm not even sure I could maintain that at this point, but I know that I definitely couldn't maintain anything under that. I'd definitely be happy at that weight.
  • JakkiCarter
    Options
    I too am 5'7'' and end goal weight is to be in the 115-118 lb range. I have a small frame and pretty slender naturally. I do think that 115 for a small frame of this height is pushing it, but I am pretty athletic so I think it is achievable.
  • epoint
    Options
    My initial goal was 140, but when I got there I still had my belly fat so I reset my goal to 135. That's what I'm maintaining at right now -- I still have a bit of a belly, but I'm 54 years old and unfortunately that's where the last bit of fat likes to hang on at this point in my life! When I was younger I weighed quite a bit less than I do now (I didn't start to put on weight until I hit my 40's), but I feel more comfortable now in this range.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i think i am 5'8" but last time they measured me at the gym they said i was 5'7" :-( perhaps i am somewhere in between.
    anway, i am currently at 147 lbs and my target weight is 135 - 138
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Right now, my goal is 160lbs... I have a long road to get there but I will. I am very curvy... Even years ago when I was 200lbs when I would weigh at the doctors office they would always be surprised it was so much. When I make it to 160lbs I may re-evaluate if I'm not happy
  • genene111
    genene111 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" as well and would love love some more friends here my size for encouragement:) please add me!
  • dansing83
    dansing83 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 197, my lowest weight, in high school was 122. Right now, my goal is somewhere in the 150's. I don't have a set weight. But I want something that I can maintain. I think a range is better than one set point.
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm 5'7" and I started off at 165 lb. My profile pic shows me back in January before I started MFP, I haven't taken any recent pics, but I'm now down to 148 and trying to bust past this 3-4 week plateau I've been in. My goal is 140 lbs and I have a medium frame. I think the most frustrating part is that I'm a pear shape so my hips/thighs are still a size 10, but my boobs/waist are a 4-6. Add me if you want, love to have other 5'7ers
    This goes to show how different we all are! I'm 5'7" and 163 pounds and a size 10. I would like to be around 150. Size 8 maybe?:blushing:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    My goal is 140. I think I don't look very healthy if I go below that. I'm flexible, though; if some miracle happens and I start gaining a lot of muscle, I'll be OK with weighing more!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    This goes to show how different we all are! I'm 5'7" and 163 pounds and a size 10.
    I'm 157 pounds right now and size 12!