breakfast ideas?

Options
Hi all....I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for a breakfast.Im doing this all on my own and need all the help I can get.I cant afford a program,,so Im trying to go step by step and make my own and see what works the best
For the first week or two at least..Im doing a 1200 calorie day
So about 400 cals per meal
I know I need to watch fat,sodium,etc,,,and exercise
So far I have been having a bowl of Total with organic vanilla soy milk
any one got a yummy breakfast to share?Thanks

Replies

• wannabeeskinny
    Options
    Hi all....I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for a breakfast.Im doing this all on my own and need all the help I can get.I cant afford a program,,so Im trying to go step by step and make my own and see what works the best
    For the first week or two at least..Im doing a 1200 calorie day
    So about 400 cals per meal
    I know I need to watch fat,sodium,etc,,,and exercise
    So far I have been having a bowl of Total with organic vanilla soy milk
    any one got a yummy breakfast to share?Thanks
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I like scrambled eggs and broccoli and a smoothie.

1 egg
    3 egg whites
    1/2 cup of chopped up broccoli
  • wannabeeskinny
    Options
    thats a yummy idea for my weekend brekkie
    THANKS!!
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    I tend to think of my 1200 calories as 300 calories/meal + 3 - 100 calorie snacks, but in any case, I usually have yogurt with berries and granola. I use frozen berries that I zap in the microwave for a few seconds and I use the granola sparingly (1/3 c or less). It's about 250 calories if you use the non-fat yogurt (with 1/2 cup berries). That being said, there are a lot of carbs in the yogurt and granola, so keep an eye on that.
  • gail15
    gail15 Posts: 15
    Options
    I like omletts--Use Southwest egg beaters, (equivilent of 2 eggs about 1/2 c), fry 2 slices of oscar mayer center cut bacon, and 2 tbl of 2% milk sharp cheddar or swiss cheese.

Use non stick pan, with Pam or wipe with very little olive oil, add 2 TBL water to the egg beaters, mix well and pour into pan. When almost done, add crumbled bacon and swiss to the middle, flip top over and leave in the pan til the cheese melts. It's delicious. Serve with fresh fruit and whole wheat toast.
  • wannabeeskinny
    Options
    i adore yogurt
  • wannabeeskinny
    Options
    more real food than my raggedy cereal...lol
    sound good
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I like the special K meal replacement bars. There's a ton of fiber and 10 g of protein.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    smoothies with cottage cheese and yogurt (and a little oj and ice) are good too.
  • tracy24
    tracy24 Posts: 188
    Options
    2 tablespoons of reduced fat peanut on toasted whole wheat english muffin with half of a banana sliced ontop= about 370 calories 1carb 1protein and 1fruit
  • amymac
    amymac Posts: 42
    Options
    I like a pb&j sandwich. I use light bread, SF jam, and 1 tbsp of peanut butter. Totally filling and protable too!

<--always on the go
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I like eggs, especially omelettes when I have the time. Most work mornings I have oatmeal and a banana.
  • robsgal
    robsgal Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What I do and did when I initailly lost most of my weight is 1 slice of sugar free bread- toasted, 1/2 tbsp peanut butter (low low sugar & no bad trans fats etc...) and 1/2 banana. It's easy to do and for me in the morning "easy" is key.
  • cavanar2
    Options
    Have you tried luna bars? 180 cals. & lots of protein, portable too