One a day womens vitamin

Options
Do you ladies take these? My doc recommended me to take once a day womens or a prenatal vitamin for general health...

Replies

• bjenny12345
    bjenny12345 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I like the Rainbow Light women's vitamin, and Carlson's fish oil for supplements.
  • jaramae
    jaramae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't but if you feel like your regular diets doesn't provide the nutrients you need, you should look into it. Just monitor it when you first start and make sure you're getting the most out of it or else you're just urinating it out. I've heard girls take prenatal pills for the beauty benefits too (good for hair and nails)

I haven't started on them yet but I've been thinking about it
  • likeaphoenix
    likeaphoenix Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i'm taking the Womens One A Day -- better to take something than nothing at all! We all definitely need to supplement because of the calorie-restricted diets we're on. Best wishes!
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I like the gummies cause they're gummy.
  • kstw
    kstw Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I take One a Day Active Metabolism vitamins and Viactiv calcium chews every morning.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    For your age the prenatal vitamin would be a great choice. ( It might make people wonder :huh: My OBGYN had recommended them to me in the past.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

And Yummy!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I have tried many One a day Womens Vitamins, I would take them in the morning, They made me physically ill! I thought it was morning sickness! Thank God it was the vitamins! Too healthy for me I guess
  • nat102
    nat102 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    For your age the prenatal vitamin would be a great choice. ( It might make people wonder :huh: My OBGYN had recommended them to me in the past.

Haha about people wondering. Might also give me bf and Fam a heart attack.
  • Tweety379
    Options
    I take one a day womens vitamin and a calcium chew. I found out they were really harsh on my stomach. I was not able to take them after breakfast. I need to make sure there was enough in my stomach to absorb them. I take them after I eat lunch.
  • Tweety379
    Options
    I have tried many One a day Womens Vitamins, I would take them in the morning, They made me physically ill! I thought it was morning sickness! Thank God it was the vitamins! Too healthy for me I guess

I had the same problem. My doctor told me it was because I didn't have enough food in my stomach and vitamins can be harsh on your stomach if it is empty or close to it. I have not had a problem since I started taking them after eating lunch.
  • Brooke1542
    Brooke1542 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I take the womens one a day active metabolism one also, but I have to take it with food otherwise I get an upset stomach.
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    I take One A Day Women's Active Metabolism.
  • AdorablePanda
    AdorablePanda Posts: 125 Member
    Options

I was thinking about switching to the gummy ones....I hate the after taste for the ones I'm taking now...plus they do sound yummy!
  • hardatwork45
    hardatwork45 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

Me too they are delicious!!!!!
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I take prenatal vitamins, chocolate calcium chews (I don't get enough calcium in my diet and they are yummy!) and fish oil. I take them after breakfast, I've never had a problem with nausea.
  • dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I use Neways nutritional products - 'Endau Essentials for Women' and 'Feroxin' ( a mineral liquid supplement), and 'Krill Oil'.
    Love this company and their products... gives me heaps of energy. Nothing but the best!
  • mowrites
    mowrites Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I take one a day multivitamin by choice everyday. it used to make me feel queasy until i started taking it in the middle or end of my day. I also take an iron supplement, D3, B12

yeah, the restricted diet, as well as the fact that it is very difficult to meet the nutritional needs everyday.