Beachbody Insanity

Options
Anybody try it? What were the results? Did you lose a lot of weight? Get more cut? Lose perhaps less weight but also a bunch of inches around the waist? What issues did you have in terms of maintaining form and pain? I'm sure I can handle the endurance and cardio intensity of interval training (I used to do boxing training, run marathons, ride centuries before my injury), but not sure about the impact to the knees. Should I get a brace?

What are the expected results for someone who does it, with proper form, and remaining faithful to the schedule?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    You can search for more on the topic by using the search button above. I've completed two straight rounds of Insanity and a few rounds of it as a hybrid with P90X.

Here is the thread to my last round:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/245273-insanity-starting-memorial-day?hl=insanity+memorial&page=7#posts-4044398
  • rjbrowne82
    rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    bump

also curious. I'm going to start in a couple weeks
  • princess4mimi
    Options
    BUMP!!!!
  • navjhaj
    Options
    You can search for more on the topic by using the search button above. I've completed two straight rounds of Insanity and a few rounds of it as a hybrid with P90X.

Here is the thread to my last round:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/245273-insanity-starting-memorial-day?hl=insanity+memorial&page=7#posts-4044398

Thanks. I'll read it when I get back in couple of hours. My initial thinking is: the basic idea is not new--high intensity, low rest, is essentially what boxers have done (measuring everything in training in ROUNDS of 2-3 minutes, 30-45 seconds rest in between), doing a variety of exercises that build quick and strong muscles without weights --just using your body weight, all the while really getting fit cardiowise. This was the basic training for boxing: Each was for 2-3 rounds each

Jump rope
    Shadow boxing
    Jumping jacks
    pushups
    pullups
    squats
    heavy bag
    speed bag
    wind sprints
    jogging
    a "shuttle run" in which you get down on all 4s, put a towel on the floor and try to reach the other side.

That sort of training was the BEST! I don't have access to the bags and stuff, and I suffered a bad leg injury that prevents me from doing any more distance running--but I can still work out, pretty hard.

Anyway, this is the criteria I'll use to judge the info on Insanity.