HELP, spaghetti?

Options
:blushing: how many ounces would you say a sensible portion of spaghetti is? I don't have a food scale, and most other things i could probably just guess but i have no idea for spaghetti!

Replies

• Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    :blushing: how many ounces would you say a sensible portion of spaghetti is? I don't have a food scale, and most other things i could probably just guess but i have no idea for spaghetti!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    i believe 1 portion of spaghetti is 1 cup cooked... hope that helps :)
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    As crazy as this sounds when i was using this site before, i actually counted out the noodles, it was like 50 in a 2 oz serving. I also used whole wheat instead of the regular noodles.
  • Bingomama
    Options
    Weight watchers quotes 2 oz. dry is 4 points
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    2 oz is a serving of spaghetti
  • Bingomama
    Options
    Sorry I missed that you DIDN'T have a scale. So disregard my usless info. LOL.
    Be good to yourself and buy yourself a scale, you deserve it.
  • ejy5002
    Options
    If you have no scale but do have a measuring cup, you can cook the entire package. Then compare the ratio of:

1 serving in oz./number of total oz. (can be calculated from back of package) = serving size COOKED in a cup / how many totals cups were made (just measure it all!)

That's what I do, and I also use the whole wheat. It tastes about the same but is a bit healthier and will allow you to consume more. If you're looking for an interesting substitute that is MUCH fewer calories check out spaghetti squash. It's basically squash, but you still put tomato sauce and whatever else you would normally put on spaghetti on it. Not delicious, but a nice substitute sometimes and you can eat a ton of it so that you're stuffed at least.
  • jaybroave
    jaybroave Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    we just had spaghetti tonight. normally i throw it all together but since i'm trying to be more conscious of what i'm eating, i do it separately. 2 oz of dry pasta is roughly 1/2 cup cooked and then i do my meat/sauce separately which is a 1/2 cup. and i actually just purchased my first food scale today and it was only like $6 and i'm so glad i did. now i don't have to keep guessing!