Need motivation!

Options
Help! I'm supposed to go work out in about a half hour and I don't feel like it! I'm sure I will end up going but I don't want to have a negative attitude when I do go! Anyone else out there feeling unmotivated today???

Replies

• hbgirlinaz
    Options
    Help! I'm supposed to go work out in about a half hour and I don't feel like it! I'm sure I will end up going but I don't want to have a negative attitude when I do go! Anyone else out there feeling unmotivated today???
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    When I feel like that, I just go through the motions, and in no time at all, I'm 'into it'. All you can do is give it a try.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I am so not motivated to exercise today, i just keep sitting here going from one post to another and one website to another. it is horrible and i am now getting up off my big butt and doing something productive. what?? don't know yet :sad:
  • amccarville
    Options
    on my bad days i JUST DO IT and feel so much better when i am done!!! Go for it and you will be happy you got that workout in.
    :flowerforyou:
  • hbgirlinaz
    Options
    thank you that helps alot! and very true. i just have to do it and get it over with!
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    :tongue: I exercise on my lunch hour at work. We have a gym. What helps me is to put my exercise clothes on about an hour before I go. Then I feel guilty if I don't go. Most of the time I make it there. Go..it will make you feel better.
    Pam
  • hbgirlinaz
    Options
    I did it! I went 40 minutes on the treadmill. I did the Interval setting which has you alternate running and walking. I burned 455 calories. I am still sweating! Good thing I don't share an office with anyone :)
  • cmmoreland
    Options
    Good for you! its so depressing when you dont feel like doing it and then DONT do it....so good for you!!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I did it! I went 40 minutes on the treadmill. I did the Interval setting which has you alternate running and walking. I burned 455 calories. I am still sweating! Good thing I don't share an office with anyone :)

SEE???!! Good for you!!

The one thing that worked for me when I first started cardio training was that on most days, it was a real chore to get up on that elliptical trainer, and I knew I would only be good for 15-20 minutes max, but as I started out, I used self-talk to get myself going. It may have gone something like this: "I'm SO worth this. I'm tired of weighing more than I should and this is for me and me alone. Only I can make the difference, and I WILL get where I want to be, and I will look SO good once I get there. Slowly and steadily, even if it's only a few minutes, it will be MORE next week,...." and on and on. It worked.

And so now, how are you FEELING?? Euphoric and/or relaxed???
  • hbgirlinaz
    Options
    I feel pretty good. I'm glad I made it through and it helps having everyones support! Thank you so much!