Sweat inconsistency

Options
I use to sweat profusely during my workout and now I am not sweating as much. My intensity level has not changed at all. Any suggestion as to what is going on with me. I workout at least 6 days a week. Thanks in advance for all responses.

Replies

• Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    When you say your intensity level has not changed, do you mean you're using the same settings all along, or that you're reaching the same target heart rate?

If the first, you're sweating less because you're more fit and your body isn't being challenged as much. Time to up your intensity...
  • woo1324
    woo1324 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Has the temperature where you live started to change i know for instance i sweat way more in summer even wiith the air condiitioner on than i do in winter ,,, unless the heater is up high then that can make me sweat more also the clothes im wearing make a difference even short sleeve shirst compared with sleevless has a pretty big difference in my sweat levels , not sure if that helped or even if its correct but thats what happens with me
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    In addition to what the others have said...

Are you drinking enough water?
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    When you say your intensity level has not changed, do you mean you're using the same settings all along, or that you're reaching the same target heart rate?

If the first, you're sweating less because you're more fit and your body isn't being challenged as much. Time to up your intensity...

Absolutely!
  • destiny150
    Options
    Thanks for your quick response. Yes I try to go by the number of calories burned and I usually burn 500 calories per workout. One thing that I have changed is that I am doing more strength training between cardio training.
  • destiny150
    Options
    I drink a lot of water. I would say about 1 1/2 gallons/per day.
  • destiny150
    Options
    The temperature has if anything gotten hotter. I think I will pay more attention to my heart rate because I do wear a monitor during every workout.