Anyone watch Oprah on Monday?

Options
I caught most of it, I need to watch it over again though I was trying to help kids with homework also at the same time. Her and Bob totally made since about you can try all you want and lose the weight but unless you are happy/loving yourself it isn't going to work (at least that is what I got from it). I have my VCR set to record the show tonight.

Replies

• abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    I caught most of it, I need to watch it over again though I was trying to help kids with homework also at the same time. Her and Bob totally made since about you can try all you want and lose the weight but unless you are happy/loving yourself it isn't going to work (at least that is what I got from it). I have my VCR set to record the show tonight.
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I don't like Oprah. I think people that lose a tremdenous amount of weight are happy and loving themselves. I have only lost 6pds, and every time I lose another pound it makes more even more excited, and thrilled with myself.
  • Kimlane70
    Kimlane70 Posts: 117
    Options
    I wanted to watch it so bad and right at like 2 minutes after it started we had company come and they left like 30 seconds after it went off. I just wanted to cry. I really wanted to hear what Bob Greene had to say. I have low thyroid too and could relate to some of what she was saying. I'm watching today for sure.....Dr. Oz........I just love 'em.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I watched it at the gym last night! (we watch Oprah every day unless it's a repeat! :laugh: )

I definitely agree about only succeeding if you are happy....I've also read Jillian Michaels' Winning By Losing book, and it discusses the same issue. Unless you deal with the emotional issues that led to the weight gain (provided it wasn't medical reasons, of course), the weight won't come off/stay off.