"We'll probably have to amputate your leg"

Options
sarah307
sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
HEY! I've been on MFP since MARCH! and most of you know me! SARAH307 :) Don't want to seem too self-centered but i just wanted to post something about my new measurements cause i was super excited about my fitness progress and i just recently started running like (two weeks ago! PAhaha!) so now i consider myself a runner .... obviously)

anyways.. here are my previous and updated measurements and below is a (very short version) paragraph about my accident and how my doctors told me they were going to have to amputate my leg and I'd never be able to walk :) read on MFP.... THANKS EVERYONE
you rock :D

*Measurements*

[ Feb. 2010 ]
Weight: 156 lbs
Bust: 36 in
Waist: 32 in
Hips: 37.5 in
Rt. Leg: 20 in
Lt. Leg: 19 in
Arms: 12 in
Body Fat: 33.71%

[ Sept. 2011 ]
Weight: 120 lbs
Bust: 32 in
Waist: 25.5 in
Hips: 32 in
Rt. Leg: 15.5 in
Lt. Leg: 15 in
Arms: 10.25 in
Body Fat: 18.0%

*The reason my left leg is smaller than my right leg is because when I was 14, I was hit by an SUV on the highway going 70 mph when I was on a four wheeler. I had multiple surgeries on my leg, three head injuries, broke my neck (C7), and now I have cadaver ligaments in my knee. I was in a wheelchair for a year and had physical therapy for two years after that to recover. They didn't think I'd live, let alone be able to walk again, for about 6 months we thought we were going to have to amputate, but look at me now!! I can run now and everything!! :D ... I can't wait to run my first 5K and write a letter to my surgeon telling him, "Hey, remember whenever you said 'IF we can save your leg, you won't be able to walk without a very severe limp, if at all.. because you will have very limited range of motion'...well, I proved you *****es wrong! HAHA!" ... and put a smile on his face!

Replies

• nomorefatbitch
    Options
    YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT AN INSPIRATION (AND YES, I KNOW I AM YELLING!!)
  • daddyssunshyne
    Options
    Wow., that is amazing!!!

The other Sarah~haha
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Wondeful for you.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's an amazing story! Keep you the great work! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You are an inspiration..........thanks for sharing your story :)
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options
    HOLY CRAP!!! freakin amazing!
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Nothing better than being able to do something a doctor say you'd never be able to do.
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic recovery story! Thanks for sharing!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Wooooooooooooooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God for multiple chances! You seized them all!
  • Rileydma
    Options
    That is awesome, Sarah! That's true spirit and determination! You decide what's best for you and then go get it! Very proud of you!
  • thatgeekinit
    thatgeekinit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Underpromise and overdeliver!!!
  • laurensohn22
    laurensohn22 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wow that's amazing !!!
  • chris_elizabeth
    chris_elizabeth Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow, completely amazing!

Determination truly lies within your soul! You wanted something and you didnt let ANYTHING stand in your way! Way to go girl!!! So proud of you!!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Way to prove the doctors wrong!!! I have a little guy with cerebral palsy that proves them wrong every time they open their mouths, so it seriously thrills me to see it happen.
  • midmomike2
    Options
    AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    That's a great story. :) We CAN do what we are determined to do!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is an amazing story!! Well done you!!

I wasn't going to go for a run tonight, but now I will - just because I can! :)
  • bookworm03
    bookworm03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing job!!!!
  • roxanne1690
    Options
    wow nice job :)
  • kitkatkait
    kitkatkait Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That's totally awesome! (not to mention inspiring) <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!