Running gear

Options
Help! I'm on the hunt for running shirts with a zippered pocket! I can't seem to find one anywhere!!! Anyone every looked for such an animal and actually found it!?! I know it seems like a silly request but I can't stand the chafe on my arm from my arm band and I really want to use my wireless headphones and not worry about where iPhone is stashed!! Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Replies

• vzepol
    vzepol Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Try a cycling shirt, it might do the trick.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

I do NOT get why running shorts (at least women's running shorts) do not have any pockets...(for those of us who don't worry so much about being aerodynamic lol)
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Ha - I have the same problem with running shorts. Shorts with pockets (for my GU) are few and far between.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I have Fila shirts that I bought at Kohls that have a zip pocket in the back.
  • courtskey83
    Options
    Have you checked athleta.com? I know they have running pants with zippered pockets. They might have shirts with them too.
  • TorridCutie
    TorridCutie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just bought this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0034G4SF0

It has a nice zipper pocket.
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Check ****s Sporting... That's where I found mine.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I have Nike tights that have zipped pockets and a skirt. I've also seen jackets or sweaters with them.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Nike has some. I usually get mine at their outlet stores.
    Also Nike tempo shorts have an ipod/key pocket on the inside. And their tights have a zipper pocket on the back.

Depending on how long you are running you could tri a SPIbelt or Nathan makes a small belt for things like gels, gu, phone, key, etc.
  • izzyinbliss
    izzyinbliss Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Lululemon has the best pocket designs of all my gear—pockets that you can actually fit stuff in while still being sleek and close to the body. My Nikes and Adidas pockets barely fit my car key—but they are also much lighter on my wallet! Lulus are expensive , but if you want to make the investment, the quality of their material and design make them a worthy one.
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I use a running belt...check out spi belts.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Running belts are quite good if you can't find any shorts with a zip.

I fit my iphone/keys/money in that and it has a headphone zip so I can listen to music whilst running too.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    All of my running shorts have pockets. The Pearl Izumi Maverick are far and away the best short I own. Even my tri shorts have a small pocket.

As for shirts... none of my running shirts have pockets, but almost all of my biking shirts do... generally 3 pockets along the lower back, some zip, some don't.
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Brooks Epiphany shirts (and maybe some of their other styles as well) have pockets: http://www.brooksrunning.com/Epiphany-Short-Sleeve/220364100.035,default,pd.html?start=39&cgid=womens-apparel-tops

ETA: sorry...these are envelope pockets, not zippered!