To cleanse or not to cleanse that is the question ?

Options
2»

Replies

• sandi228
    sandi228 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    So what does a cleanse do? Apparently "remove" toxins and excess "undigested" waste from your body? If that's the issue then your own "filtration" system is jacked up.
    In reality, you'll spend money on a placebo effect that won't affect your weight loss (minus some water weight, but returns when you drink water again) when you could use that money for some good fiber.

I drink lots of water all the time, I wouldn't stop drinking it during the cleanse as a matter of fact it recommends drinking lots of water in the reviews I've read. I am regular but I think there's still toxins left and think I should clean out anything left. Thanks for the advice.
  • aceofspudz
    Options
    Being sluggish and feeling bloated might actually be symptoms of the diet you are currently on. Being sluggish and not getting enough energy certainly go hand in glove, and feeling bloated and drinking lots of water all the time may as well.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I feel bloated and sluggish and think the cleanse will help.

Cut out all wheat for a week and see if that helps. I felt better the second day after no bread/pasta
    Options
    Then drink water..and lots of it!

I am forced to agree with this. Water cleanses your body and it's pure, cheap, and it works.
  • CindyWarner
    Options
    I'm off of wheat, dariy and proccessed sugar.I noticed a big difference in my energy level and bloatingness.

Instead of wheat my doctor recommended eating oatmeal, quinoa and flax seed. If you need to make a sandwich she recommended corn or rice tortias instead of whole wheat.

For a dariy replacement she recommended Almond milk because it has more calcium than cow's milk and it has no sugar to worry about.

Stay away from cheese it's evil.:devil:
  • steve81872
    steve81872 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did the Advocare cleanse about this time last year and the results were awesome. I had to do my 3 month diabetic bloodwork and the Dr was amazed at the numbers. Cholesterol was down 100 points and A1C was the lowest it has ever been. However, I was eating like crap at the time and drinking beer 2-3 times a week. For me, the results were really good. I am sure there are several to choose from but thought I would throw my 2cents in.
  • sandi228
    Options
    Thank you for all the advice. I truly don't think a cleanse will hurt. I drink plenty and eat fiber, it's not a matter of not going; I want to make sure the toxins are out. I believe my bloatedness was PMS, didn't see it coming. I had energy yesterday so perhaps it was just a funky day when I posted about feeling sluggish.
  • clessa
    Options
    http://www.naturalhealthweb.com/articles/Silva10.html

Interesting article on Toxins and Fat Cells
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I did a cleanse from Trader Joes I found made me feel awesome. If I remember correctly it was a set of three types of pills (fiber, liver and digestive health). It was for two weeks. They had a recommended diet to go along, but I just ate healthier and tried to eat clean foods. It made me feel lighter with more energy. I don't think it actually helped in the weight loss (maybe and extra pound or two at most) but I loved the way it felt! I think it was only like $20ish so you’re not shelling out a lot of money. I would recommend it if you’re interested.
  • sandi228
    Options
    Thanks for the information.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Everything I've read from a clinical perspective on colonic irrigation is that it's a farse and really serves no purpose. I've read some claims that it could actually be unhealthy. The common thread has been that all it really does is flush matter out of your body that would have eventually cleared out of your body anyway. It does nothing for weight loss at all. I would say skip it.