HI All! Back on the wagon and would love to meet others figh

Options
I'm Rechelle. Proud wife, mom, stepmom to a rather large family of his, mine, and ours. No quiet or boring moments in this house! Well, at least not before 10PM. LOL!
I've battle weight issues most of my life however was in shape during most of my child hood and up til I hit the 30s. I was active in sports, cheerleading, bowling and hiking. When I remarried and had more children, my activities and interests fell to the wayside, I got lazy, formed bad eating habits and slowly gained 150lbs over a 15 year period. Now the kids are growing and thus I am enjoying a bit of freedom while they are in school. In March of 2010 I began "A better Me" journey resulting in an 80lb weight loss. I was going strong & doing well. One day I was working out in a hotel gym while on vacation when my knee gave way and I went down while walking on the treadmill. Yep! Tore my LCL and was banned (by the orthopedist) from the treadmill. In February of 2011 I was given the go ahead to start work outs again and alas, I injured my bicep muscle...tearing it just enough to sideline me again! Well, these things come in 3s and one month later I'd pulled the muscle in the forearm of my right arm. Did I mention i was Right handed? Well, you know how that can be. It took forever to heal as I always had to use it! Now here we are...Sept 2011 and I'm back up 40lbs. Yes, my bad habits returned full force and because of the injuries I wasn't able to work out hard enough to burn the extra calories I was inhaling. Yesterday was my first day "back". I've jumped back on the wagon and am re-focused and feeling that I'm ready to "do this!". Would love to meet others and share recipe ideas, support, encouragement and of course SUCCESSES!

Replies

• roxanne1690
    Options
    HI Rachelle7, welcome back. lol I"m back as well. And really ready this time. Please feel free to add me to your friends list. I enjoyed reading your page. You sound like a great person. ")
  • miller1208
    Options
    Welcome, sent you an add. I've battled back muscle strains for the past several months, and I'm finally done with the chiropractor. Back to work!
  • MEMA5
    MEMA5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: ADMIRE YOUR DETERMINATION, FEEL FREE TO ADD ME AS FRIEND, I HAVE BEEN WITH MFP SINCE MARCH OF 2010, I HAVE MY UP S AND DOWNS,,,SO I GET IT..THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE SUCCEEDED IN LOOSING WT..GOOD LUCK..FEEL FREE TO WRITE AND VENT ..PEACE ISSY:smile::smile:
  • Malani2010
    Options
    Welcome!!! It will be fun, worth it, and so rewarding when you get back into it!! Add me if you want.
  • geraldm55
    Options
    wow you've had a fun ride.
    Great to hear that your back at it and ready dig in. The Lord will give you the strength to fulfill your goals have no doubt.
    We all believe in you and thanks for sharing your story as I found it very inspiring because you never gave up...........thank you.

I'd be honored to be your MFP friend invite me if you'd like.