Changing food choices....natural peanut butter

Options
2»

Replies

• Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I eat Jiff natural, tastes good. Only like three ingredients
  • I bought a jar of the Skippy Natural... not really surprised that it tastes like regular peanut butter...it has equal amounts of sugar and fat as regular.....sometimes they'll put 'natural' on the label to fool you into thinking you're feeding your body the good stuff....when in reality, it's just the regular stuff with a different label.
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I bought a jar of the Skippy Natural... not really surprised that it tastes like regular peanut butter...it has equal amounts of sugar and fat as regular.....sometimes they'll put 'natural' on the label to fool you into thinking you're feeding your body the good stuff....when in reality, it's just the regular stuff with a different label.

What she said...
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It depends what you mean by "natural" peanut butter. If you mean peanut butter that is made from peanuts with no salt, sugar or other additives, then yes, there is a difference in taste. You'll get used to it, but it is quite different.

If you buy something that is called "natural" but still has sugar, salt and who knows what else added - then it is much more likely to taste pretty similar, but will probably have similar nutritional value too.

My new favourite alternative to peanut butter is almond, brazil and cashew buttter. Is doesn't have anything in it besides the ground up nuts and is delicious!