new, and could use some motivation

Options
So, I've been dieting for about 3 months now, and just started using MyFitnessPal a little while ago. I've managed to loose about 6 lbs since I started, but I seem to have kind of stagnated. I'm currently 170lbs and I'm trying to reach my goal weight of 145 by December. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Shannoncore
    Options
    keep moving alot. watch what you eat (and i don't mean watching it move from your hand to your mouth). avoid alcohol. and get plenty of rest
  • billtownsend
    billtownsend Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    For me it's the exercise that really helps me lose the weight. Add some Cardio if you are not already.
  • Laura1667
    Laura1667 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am new also and I have a hard time with weekends. I can undo all my work during the week in two days! Hoping this website will keep me honest with myself and others
  • jawani
    Options
    I've been doing cardio-- about 30 minutes on the treadmill 5 times a week
  • sheeramorningglory
    Options
    What helps motivate me is when I close out my day and it tills me where I will be at in 5 weeks. I like to see that go down. If I have a bad day....it goes up.
  • suzzeecutie
    Options
    I have had best luck if I log in my food and exercise. Did you lose only a total of 6 pounds in three months? Also, are you entering your daily intake ?

I stopped logging and also stopped losing. So I'm bound and determind to keep up with it so I can start losing again hit that same 145 mark.

Are you doing any kind of exercise?
  • SkinnyRuthy
    SkinnyRuthy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You lost 6 pounds!!!! That's WONDERFUL!!!!!!! No worries--often we stagnate when we simply don't have motivation or when we don't know what to do or try next. Maybe get outside and take a brisk walk in the beautiful sun would help? Sometimes when I'm walking, I will do a ridiculous looking jog/walk. I am moving the same pace as a walk but pulling my knees up higher. It really gets your heart rate going. I did this when I was walking with my mom today. She needed to keep her pace at a walk and I wanted to jog, so I compromised. So, I'd say try and change it up a little :) ALSO, really track what you are eating. This site is fabulous for that. Be careful to always be mindful of what you eat and ask yourself if it is necessary or not. Something I actually read in the Bible said basically that we can choose to do whatever we want but remember that not everything we want is beneficial for us. I think that is pretty powerful when you put it into a losing weight perspective. You CAN do this. Believe in yourself and you won't fail! :)