menstrual time

Options
Ladies what are ways around avoiding over eating around Menstrual time. Any types of food to help with this? I tend to love to eat a lot before my menstrual time...

Replies

• Sararainmaker
    Sararainmaker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I generally keep those bags of baby carrots around. it's amazing how few carrots you can eat before getting full... PLUS they have a nice sweet taste, and I always want something sweet around that time.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    drink lots of water & eat more veggies as much as possible. also eat more fiber & protein rich foods especially on mornings to help you feel full longer
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    gaffa tape over the mouth...
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    when I want my chocolate fix, I reach for 3/4c of Chocolate cheerios. 100 calories, and I get my sweet tooth taken care of.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    haha Usually I'm okay but this weekend...no. I had pizza twice - homemade and little caesar's, ate a full bag of crazy bread (as in, 7 breadsticks total) WITH marinara sauce... had ice cream a few times... ummm, yeah. Fail this menstrual time! lol

Usually I try to work out a lot, drink a ton of water and give myself a little treat that's within my calories.
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problemmmm:ohwell:
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    20 cal low fat hot cocoa mix made with almond milk is yummooo!:drinker:
  • Sararainmaker
    Sararainmaker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    OH! and if you REALLY must have chocolate... As some of us do...

You can get the Atkins peanut butter cups and they are excellent! I don't support the diet itself, but a few of the snacks are pretty darned good.

Also Hershey's has a sugar free chocolate that is decadent! you wouldn't even know it was sugar free!

Just remember to still have them in moderation! :)
  • Exprsso
    Exprsso Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same prob. Enjoy reading all the tips
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    I am the same way! I am about to start mine, and I have wanted to do nothing but eat the last 2 days! And not good foods, but craving my ice cream! I just try to workout extra to burn it off! That's what I did today! I never eat ice cream during the day, and today I just really really wanted it so I caved!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I like to melt down semi sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter, then stir in a chopped up granny smith (or another somewhat tart fruit). It's my way of indulging without going overboard!
  • solocircles
    Options
    Steak, a lean cut, maybe with a nice salad, a glass of red wine, and there's no shame is a square of really good dark chocolate. I say it's ok to take care of yourself and do something to put a smile on your face then is my philosophy. Just make sure you're getting enough exercise to keep your mood in check too. Drink water!
  • smileyk003
    smileyk003 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a massive blow out everytime it rolls around! For about 4 days before hand I can eat EVERTYHING in sight that has excess sugar in it. I have tried differant combinations of things to curb it but found it just hits without fail.

Now I have given up being obsessed by it, and have a little bit of whatever I feel like - So I still have the ice cream, but a super small scoop! I still have the chocolate bar... But I buy a small kids chockie treat instead of a massive horrendous diet killer.

It's not ideal healthwise, but I find it seems to limit the damage - Oh and I up the exercise, it helps combat a little of the damage I do, but mostly because it helps my mood and any pain I get.

Im often really disheartened that I seem to put on weight or stay the same during that week of the month, but when I look at my long term weight loss it really doesn't seem to have much effect.

Good luck!
    Kylie.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Try a peanut butter and nutella sandwich. It reminds me of a Reece's...almost... Or just have a protein bar! That's chocolate AND protein!! :)
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Instead of having a bag of chips, I'll have a handful. And instead of eating the entire choc bar, I do 1/3 or maybe 1/2. I've also bought thin triscuits for a salt fix and you can have quite a few for about 100 cals. The other thing I came across recently is jello chocolate mousse. 60 cals and they are quite good! In Canada, they are around 2 bucks for 6 portions which is a good deal.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Another tip: Instead of chocolate, buy a sugar-free chewing gum or a handful of raisins if you're craving some sweets. If you really can't help it, dark chocolate is the best w/ fewer calories than milk chocolate though it may taste a bit bitter for some people. I'm diabetic & cannot eat any sugary foods but I keep this two items especially the sugar-free gum in stock in case of any hypoglucemia attack.

But remember to still eat them in moderation.
  • Kileywyotee
    Kileywyotee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree with Kylie (that's my name too btw lol) But for my chocolate cravings i found Vitatops at the grocery store or walmart. They're generally near the organic or breakfast stuff. basically its a DELICIOUS top of a muffin that tastes just like chocolate cake. it has 100 calories, a crap ton of vitamins, like 5 grams of fiber and 9g protein. Also, the Orville Redinbacher mini bags of popcorn in Salt & Lime. AMAZING!!! and cheap, like 4 bags for $1.50. Those are just a couple of things that i found that helps me tremendously, and without the guilt. Good luck everyone :)

-Kiley
  • hillberrify
    Options
    For my chocolate craving during my last cycle, I ate a lot of fudgesicles, the sugar free ones. Each individual pop is only 40 calories. So one can eat 3-4 in a day and not have TOO much guilt.
  • LuckieSC
    Options
    yes I am about to start mines any day now and my cravings are already happening...some great ideas on this page..thank you..
  • goatruns
    Options
    Shoot, I thought this was a Ren Fair thread.