Peas

Hamburger Helper

Seafood

Bologna

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm such a picky eater - maybe it'd be easier if I listed the foods I DO like? lol
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Barbie Doll cabbages....a.k.a. - brussel sprouts... :sick:
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Pickles or anything pickled.
    Wasabe (and not the heat, but the actual taste. It's like eating wood)
    Pork Rinds
    Cornnuts
    All the deep fried stuff they sell at the state fair that should have never been invented!
  • GymRatRaceRunner
    GymRatRaceRunner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I like everything. I'm the furthest thing from a picky eater. Lol
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Lamb chops - more bone than meat. Actually, not over fussed about lamb in general. Sago pudding (frog spawn) is just the worst ever texture
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    eww..balogna... I don't like tater-tot casserole. Had to eat a nasty version of it at camp when I was a kid and have never been able to eat it since. Blah...even thinking about it makes me want to gag...
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I like almost everything!
  • newmommy2cash
    Options
    ANY kind of seafood (If I eat it, it was forced)

Black eyed peas (They taste gross)

Bologna (Just thinking about what it is actually made of makes we wanna vomit)

Mushrooms (Texture is yucky!)
  • Dolphingirlie81
    Options
    I'm such a picky eater - maybe it'd be easier if I listed the foods I DO like? lol

Lol, I'm picky to a point and I get yelled at lol.. BTW. You look great! Congrats!
  • NCmcMan
    Options
    There may be 5 things on this earth that I don't like, I just havent tasted them yet though..

O I just thought of one (BEETS) i dont like those nasty things.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options

Brussel sprout soup is fab, as is stir-fried sprouts with spring onions and a dash of soy sauce
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I HATE vegetables... that has made this whole change of eating very difficult for me.

If anyone knows how to make veggies taste a whole lot less like veggies, message me. xD
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I don't quite know what's in Hamburger Helper (I don't think it exists in Australia), but is that actually food?? Maybe not a bad thing if you don't like that!

I eat lots of stuff but I have a limited list of seafood that I'll eat. I really don't like whole baby octopus - they just creep me out!
  • jaramae
    jaramae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm not too picky either. I can learn to appreciate any food in time ( and with enough hunger lol )

I've only eaten it once but I wasn't fond of quinoa. Something I'll start eating soon and learning to like one way or another simply because of how healthy it is.
    Game meat - certainly not my first choice
    regular ketchup - too much sugar for me, gives me a sore throat. I eat organic no sugar added ketchup.
    Lima beans aren't really my fav either.
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Carrot "slaw" with raisins - yuck!
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    well, I used to say I was allergic to onions because I despised them so. Now, I eat red onions, yellow onions, white onions whatever! Also in the last year I've grown fond of tomatoes. Image sure to keep them on hand. ALL sandwiches get a few rings of red onion and a nice thick slice of tomato! NOW, foods I feel I'll never grow accustomed to are Lima beans, okra, cottage cheese and tofu. I just can't.
  • cacraft
    Options

I've got a great recipe for people that don't like Brussel sprouts!

Cut sprouts in half and cut out core.
    Slice very thin - so they look shredded
    Heat fry pan - HOT (this is key)
    Set your timer...
    Add sprouts to hot pan, squeeze in juice of half lemon. stir about
    After exaclty 60 seconds, remove sprouts from heat and squeeze in other half of lemon.

Enjoy. Boiling or over cooking brings out that awful taste. These you will like!
  • Osu2k1
    Osu2k1 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I don't like a lot of veggies. I like peas, green beans, corn, artichokes, potatoes, onions, peppers (any), tomatoes (texture). I hate salads, well, it's more like I hate the dressings, which make it palatable. I also don't care for seafood. I am hugely picky. It's been fun finding new recipes. :)
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I HATE vegetables... that has made this whole change of eating very difficult for me.

If anyone knows how to make veggies taste a whole lot less like veggies, message me. xD

Roast them! A little oil, seasonings, place in a single layer on a sheet pan, high heat (425*ish) and stir every ten minutes until they are as done as you like. Broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, green beans, asparagus, brussels sprouts are all wonderful this way. All my nephews are good veggie eaters, and they will literally try to sneak veggies! (I pretend I don't want them to sneak the veggies, which makes it much more fun for them).

I don't like okra, it's like a crunchy shell that's filled with snot. Luckily I'm not in the south, and we don't even hardly have it here. Or potato pancakes. Had a bad experience as a child.