Amino Acids

Options
Has anyone been taking Amino Acids supplement? I want to know if it really helps!

Replies

• piperjon
    piperjon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I do, but not on a regular basis. I take both l-arginine and taurine before a work out or before I do anything significantly physical, and it seems to help sustain my energy level and even gives me a bit of a boost. Interestingly, I began taking this combination as I'd read it could help with my PVCs, but it never did. It just made me feel good, and it helps me berserk my way through a workout, or heavy farm work. I can't attest to whether or not it direclty helps me in my struggle with fat loss and better health, but it stands to reason if I feel better and feel more energetic and work out harder and longer, I burn more calories and gain more muscle. So there you go.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

Pj
  • krcorn5592
    Options
    I take something called GABA and it helps a lot with anxiety and stress (I open the capsule and let it desolve under my tounge so it gets in my system faster). I also have one called L-glutamine which is supposed to help sort of curve your hunger but for some reason it just makes me really sleepy but mine is pill form and if you can get the powder, it would prolly work faster putting it under your tounge. The reason I do the GABA that way is because if I swallow the capsule it makes me feel really bloated and kind of sick to my tummy. I want to try a few others but I have to have another Lupus test done first. If you read about them most will say don't take or consult a dr first if you have certian conditions or are at risk for certian things. I don't know how much you should take but the GABA, I only take if I notice I'm being very moody or going on a long trip. You can also stop by any GNC store and they will be able to tell you about all of the different amino acids. Hope this helps...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    I do BCAA (branch chained amino acids) since I'm a bodybuilder at heart.
  • annpat28
    Options
    bump
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advise! Appreciate it!