What is your favorite after workout snack?

Options
Hey all, I'm trying to figure out what to eat after I do my 30DS. I do it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I've been having a banana or yogurt but I was wondering: What do you like to eat and how long do you wait after working out?

Replies

• maryloo2011
    Options
    I pretty much eat within 1/2 hour of when I finish working out - typically something with a lot of potassium, but most of the time that just means our dinner that I cook (workouts are right after work). Usually I am starving after a good workout :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I take 1/2 scoop of protein powder right after my weight training sessions then eat protein rich whole foods such as salmon or tuna right within an hour. On cardio days, I only eat the whole foods after workout.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i workout on an empty stomach because i get horrible cramps if i eat anything before a workout. i workout first thing in the morining and then have a breakfast of egg beater, mixed with onion green pepper mushroom and reduced fat fetta cheese! it keeps me full and is full of protein. and it is the best breakfest ever!!!! i eat it every morning. it is so good :)
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Cheese, nuts, and/or eggs.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I workout at night, so I like quick and simple. I typically go for an EAS AdvantageEDGE Carb Control shake. Either the Chocolate Fudge or Rich Dark Chocolate flavor. Nice post-workout snack and works well as a dessert too. heh