Chicken recipe ideas?

xMissAprilx
xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
My husband and I love our skinless chicken breast but I'm tired of the same old thing.
Chicken & rice
Bbq chicken plain
Breaded chicken...

I would love some different HEALTHY preferably low in calorie recipes for chicken. Nothing fried, I don't consider anything fried healthy.

Thanks ahead of time. =)

Also any shrimp ideas???

Replies

• kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Baked with a pesto crust!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    chicken stew!
    cut the chicken add chicken stoch and throw your veggies in!
    it will last for a couple of nites too or even freeze it!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Rick gallops low GI chicken with tarragon n cherry tomatoes is FANTASIC dunno if you can access my recipes take a look if not pm me and I'll send it you. Bon appetit!
  • lulabellarama
    lulabellarama Posts: 96 Member
    Jerk chicken with cauliflower mash
    Marinate in lemon zest and cut into cubes to make lemon chicken kebabs with some bell pepper
    Teriyaki marinade with wholewheat rice noodles, scallions, ginger and cilantro
  • kikislove2
    kikislove2 Posts: 71 Member
    chicken spaghetti with whole wheat pasta and broccoli
    chicken salad with half fat free sour cream and half low fat mayo, add curry powder, relish, green onions and walnuts.
    chicken cordon blue
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    I love Chicken Cordon Bleu
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    You could do this with chicken or shrimp. My bf loves my cooking, but when I asked him to name his favorite meal I made he said this. To lighten up the cals you can reduce the walnuts/oil/butter as you see fit and add more veggies to bulk it up. The cilantro, lemon, and red pepper flakes is where the flavor comes from! Great served with rice, whole wheat pasta, or just a side of veggies.

Spicy Shrimp with Walnuts
    http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=344379.0
  • Keiora
    Keiora Posts: 36 Member
    Check out the greek lettuce wraps I posted... Great way to use chicken and they're amazing!
  • dice 12 oz chicken breast into 1/4" cubes. In frying pan add 1tsp of olive oil an turn on medium high heat, add 1 tsp of fresh grated ginger and 1 tsp garlic paste, lightly saute until aromas release, add chicken.

When chicken is almost cooked through (4 min) add 2 tbs of chopped cashews 1/4 c of green onions and 2tbs of ea low sodium soy sauce and honey. Serve in belgian endive leaf ( boat).
  • xMissAprilx
    xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
    The wraps sounded very good. Also I make cordon bleu but personally haven't found
    a recipe I like. Thanks for all the ideas.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    fillet the breast, stuff it with feta and spinach

pinch closed with a toothpick

seasoning on top

bake
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Foil pack - Taco Chicken

chicken breast halves
    taco seasoning mix
    sliced potatoes
    2% shredded cheese
    salsa
    light sour cream - optional

Place potatoes on a piece of foil. Top with chicken, seasoning, cheese, and salsa. Close foil (create a tent) and bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Top with sour cream if desired.
  • abbyko
    abbyko Posts: 108
    I make a great chicken salad with cooked barley, it's a HUGE bowl and is never more than 450 calories. It makes two servings and I bring the leftovers for lunch and it's awesome cold.
    http://lemonsavory.com/2011/07/10/a-pearl-of-a-salad/
  • chicken and pineapple curry
    spanish chicken cassarole
    chicken covered in wholegrain mustard roasted in the oven with chicken gravy broccoli and roast potatoes with black pepper and wholegrain mustard in the gravy too and can roast onions and mushrooms with it too if you fancy it. (a fav meal). takes 1 hour and not much washing up :)