skinny people....who have never been fat!

Options
Hi there this is just one of those silly questions i have been thinking about and really still don't know the answer so what do you guys think....

i was standing in the post office que the other day next to all the cheep big yummy chocolate bars thinking is it just me thinking i could eat all them :devil: do skinny's and people who have never had a problem with being overweight think the same way?

Also when i am in a supermarket and even just glance at the little chocolate bars i feel guilty like someone is watching me!:devil:

Replies

• mentalbeat
    mentalbeat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    yes skinny people do think like that .....and now I am using MFP to repair the damage done.
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    YES they do! Well, at least my niece does. Seriously, this girl could eat McD every day and she's never been overweight. She doesn't think her body is bikini ready right now, so she's doing lost of exercises to get "her form back" from the previous year...but seriously...my niece (age 22) has like Halle Berry body. Lucky girl.

Edit: and the girl loves to eat!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Yup! Before I cared so much about what into my body I could drool over the site of baker donuts at the store xD
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    ok so i'm glad it's not just a me thing...not that i ever do get anything but i get stuff for hubby and kids and i hate that guilty thing it's like EVERYONE is stareing at you! :noway:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I know what you mean! When I used to get fast food I felt like everyone would judge me for what I ordered xD
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    My girl, whose always skinny, just had me go out and buy her chocolate, cheetos, and ranch. Same cravings, she just doesnt eat very big meals, but she likes to do small snacks all the time, thats why she stays so thin imo
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I think the way most of us have learned to associate food as "good" or "bad" makes those kinds of thoughts more prevalent. When you say it is bad or you can't have it or that is why you are fat or you can't eat it or you will get fat...it makes it all the more desirable. Some naturally skinny people deprive themselves and are very annoying (OMG I ate 3 m&m's!), some eat whatever they want and don't have to think about it, and others believe in moderation. But I'm sure all of us deal with temptation and guilt when it comes to yummy foods that we know aren't the best for us.

I personally get really annoyed with the people that have always been thin and never had trouble who eat whatever they want and never pay the consquences. It's totally not fair to have an issue when my skinny friends can out eat me at any buffet, eat fast food, pizza, ranch on everything...while I have my sensible lunch and struggle to lose. NOT fair!
  • JRMCK64
    JRMCK64 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mate i dont know the answer but my friend is like a match and she eats more than me and she is always thinking of food lol
    but looking at your profile i just want to say well done on your loss proud of you Jay
  • JSD53
    JSD53 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think up to the age of 35 I could eat anything in any amount and never affected my weight. Weighed 165 for what seemed forever. But then the next thing I knew I was pushing 285 when friends and family stepped in and said I had to do something. Someone at work told me about this web site about 3 weeks ago and its help me tremendously! Had no idea until now how much JUNK! I was putting into my body. I guess, “Knowledge is power”.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options

I personally get really annoyed with the people that have always been thin and never had trouble who eat whatever they want and never pay the consquences. It's totally not fair to have an issue when my skinny friends can out eat me at any buffet, eat fast food, pizza, ranch on everything...while I have my sensible lunch and struggle to lose. NOT fair!

EXACTLY! Thats how I feel! My food cart serves nothing but horribly tasty burgers, sausages, chicken wings... etc! I have a large clientele of strippers (night time sales) and they just eat and eat and eat! Chicken wings every night, big 'ol burgers and the worst things I could possibly make, when I eat a burger maybe once a month! They are so hot, and here I am with all my heavy glory looking like I'm the one eating all the food!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    The skinny people I have met eat anything whenever. My ex bf ate out every meal that was fast food and he was underweight. He didn't work out and was unhealthy you could tell from his appearance, and he'd get winded easily.

A friend of mine who is very skinny eats nothing but junk food with fruits here and there. I think her calories are still under 2000 a day, and she just had alittle fat, but she weights 100lbs, zero muscle tone.
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I think they do! Actually I am convinced that skinny people are usually that way because they're just more active!
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    remember though skinny does not equal healthy. a person may be thin but if they are eating junk all the time then i doubt they are very healthy.
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    EXACTLY! Thats how I feel! My food cart serves nothing but horribly tasty burgers, sausages, chicken wings... etc! I have a large clientele of strippers (night time sales) and they just eat and eat and eat! Chicken wings every night, big 'ol burgers and the worst things I could possibly make, when I eat a burger maybe once a month! They are so hot, and here I am with all my heavy glory looking like I'm the one eating all the food!

You know how many calories are burned by stripping? :)
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    ok so i'm glad it's not just a me thing...not that i ever do get anything but i get stuff for hubby and kids and i hate that guilty thing it's like EVERYONE is stareing at you! :noway:

Oh boy, I know how that is. I used to wait until there was no one in the snack isle to pick up some chips because I'd be thinking they were saying to themselves "Look, of course the fat girl is buying more chips!"

Now I peruse the produce isle more and even then I think people judge me, but less so than before.
  • littleone12484
    littleone12484 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I completely agree, I have a friend who just posted on her facebook, that it was only 7am, and she had already had a vente frap from starbucks, leftover cupcakes from the weekend, and a brownie, and that she was glad that she struggled to gain weight...She seriously eats ALL day, and is barely 100lbs and as jealous as I am that I have to watch every little bite I take, I was just watching good morning america a few weeks ago on there, and a doctor was cautioning people that just because someone is skinny doesn't mean they're in good health, and that overweight people who are watching what they eat and working out, are in fact MUCH healthier than the "skinny-fat people" who eat whatever they want, and don't work out.

Of course if doesn't help me get over the fact that I wish I had their body, but it helps to know that just because someone has a great body doesn't mean they're healthy :)
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options

You know how many calories are burned by stripping? :)

Ha ha I do, I used to be a dancer (back when I was skinny, wierd lol!) :D

Still doesnt make me feel better!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Mate i dont know the answer but my friend is like a match and she eats more than me and she is always thinking of food lol
    but looking at your profile i just want to say well done on your loss proud of you Jay

well super big thanx for that x :flowerforyou:
  • Bluestar083
    Options
    Well I have always been 'underweight'' according to my BMI and no I don't think like that. If I see cake etc if I'm hungry I think yum i'd like a piece but not the whole cake
    I dont feel guilty or judged when I buy chocolate-unless I have just been on holiday and gained 3-4kg then I just feel I shouldn't be buying it, not judged.
  • Sunflower1221
    Options
    I have struggled with anorexia for many years and came close to dying at one point in time. If I were to come upon cake or other goodies sitting somewhere, I would say to myself....."oh God I want some so bad!! ". But my mind won't let me have it. I sometimes think if I started eating it, I wouldn't be able to stop. When I am at the grocery store, I do also feel self conscience when I am looking at the caloric content of foods. Yes....I feel like the world is looking at me!