Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In January 10

Options
We are up to the first double digit date of the new year! Man, time sure does fly! Can't take a single day for granted! We need to always be aware that we have choices to make for ourselves. In regard to our challenge they are to exercise or not, how much to exercise, cardio, weights??? No matter what choice you make be sure that it is the right one for you. And, if you make a choice one day and decide you didn't like it - don't dwell on it - it's a new day! Make a better choice today! Love you guys! :heart:

Yesterday, despite planning to ride my bike I left my exercise at snow shoveling. My 3 year old needed some family time so we played games and watched a movie and then I went to bed. Bad choice for me? Heck no. For yesterday what I did was what I needed to do.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    We are up to the first double digit date of the new year! Man, time sure does fly! Can't take a single day for granted! We need to always be aware that we have choices to make for ourselves. In regard to our challenge they are to exercise or not, how much to exercise, cardio, weights??? No matter what choice you make be sure that it is the right one for you. And, if you make a choice one day and decide you didn't like it - don't dwell on it - it's a new day! Make a better choice today! Love you guys! :heart:

Yesterday, despite planning to ride my bike I left my exercise at snow shoveling. My 3 year old needed some family time so we played games and watched a movie and then I went to bed. Bad choice for me? Heck no. For yesterday what I did was what I needed to do.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did a little elliptical and went to my strength training class. Not the morning one I was planning on going to, but luckily there's another in the afternoon.

Silly me. I went up to the teacher after class and asked if they classes were getting easier (implied or am I becoming badasss). I mentioned after her first class, it hurt to sit down. She said this one was easier. Later when I jumped on the elliptical, she came up and asked if I was coming next week. I, of course, said yes - she said she would tailor the class for me!
    Fully expect to walk funny next Thursday.

p.s. For me, "kick my butt" is a good thing. I like to feel that I worked hard.
  • kckat96
    kckat96 Posts: 72
    Options
    :happy: 1 hour of Tai Chi, rowed 15 minutes. Felt great! Living in the present moment and having fun. Hugs from kckat96:heart:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I adore the great energy on these posts.

Today I have a light exercise day. I'm doing a 30 minute yoga DVD and walking to groceries (about 30 minutes worth).

Tomorrow, if I feel good, I'm going back to spinning, as my flu or whatever has really subsided to sniffles and a little tiredness. Hooray!

:flowerforyou:
  • azlips2003
    azlips2003 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I started back to spin class at my local YMCA on Monday and it felt AWESOME to be back!! I went last night again. Afterwards I met with a trainer to get me set up on all of the weight machines. It's all hooked up to a computer that tracks my progress, has the amount of weight to put on each machine, counts my reps, etc. Really cool!! I've lost 2.5 pounds!! Only 18 more to go! It's a start! :smile:
  • luckystars424
    luckystars424 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I didn't work out last night but I got up early this morning and did 15 minutes of my Turbo Jams Cardio party 2. It felt so good to get up and I have more energy this morning.
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    Not checked in for a couple of days however all going well on track with exercise I think diet goin well stickin to my cals.

Tryin not to sit down during the day this week so been playing with the kids cleanin carpets walkin the dogs a bit further kicking *kitten* with the elliptical trainer and my dvd workouts. My eldest back in school now which is 20 mins walk away so been getting a bit extra this way too.

Don't sit down till 7pm I am shattered but I feel I have made a difference If this doesn't work nothing will.

Anyway lost 8 of the 10 lbs I gained last week by this morning so hopefully by my offical weigh day on Sunday I will have lost the other 2 and hopefully a bit more.

Got some painting to do tomorrow so I will be incorporating some squats into that. Got plenty to do this weekend also so I will be too busy to eat junk and should easily stick to my new healthy diet.

I am managing to drink more water in attempts to get my kidneys working as good as possible it helps keep me fit because I am constantly having to go to the bathroom so it is up and down the stairs all day for me but I do feel much better for it.

Really tired now so gonna put my feet up and watch a bit of TV.
  • spelayo
    Options
    I like your thinking, using snow shoveling as exercise, I gonna do it.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Did my HH Abs Total Body Burn again..sounds like I'm in a rut but I'm really not. I love the workout & it makes me feel great!
  • yuna2003
    yuna2003 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone !!

NTBoard Always full of energy!! you really pump up energy and encourage me to keep going Strong!

lost 11lbs so far since thanksgiving! thanks so much everyone :flowerforyou:

any way hopefully weights tonight and a walk well see!
    coming here is so getting my lazy bum in gear!! :tongue:

so im back :smooched:

P.s Love you Too!! :heart: All of you guys !! :love:
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I haven't had "time" to exercise although my 6 yr old son has been making me do push ups and squats with him on my back this week... does that count?

I've been watching what I eat and so far, I'm not starving! :tongue:

Angela
  • tryinghard
    Options
    Hello! Monday I walked on the treadmill doing the hills program etc...for 50 minutes. That burns so many more calories than just simply walking! Then Tuesday I did the same thing. Wednesday morning I did strength training for 30 while I watched the Biggest Loser that I had DVRed...Talk about inspiring! So despite the fact that I can barely walk or sit down-due to lunges and squats I did make it for 45 on the treadmill with hills again this morning! If only I could get my eating completely under control! ARGH!!!
    Question-I read somewhere on here that I need a 500 calorie difference to lose weight each week? Can someone explain that better for me? Thanks and good luck to everyone on the challenge!!
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Options
    Did an hour on the eliptical, and 30 min on the treadmill. :bigsmile:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I don't know yet, will do at least 30 min, maybe more. I usually workout around 10, so I still have an hour. I'm trying to figure out what else to eat, because I'm right at calories (I ate 3 meals today too!) and will be under too much after I workout... What a problem to have! Thanks to all for getting me out of my slump! :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I am really glad I worked out this morning and didn't wait till after my dentist appointment to do it! I was really really dizzy after my appt. I may have had an allergic reaction to something, or else it could have been my blood sugar.
    I did an hour of Taebo this morning and have been taking it easy the rest of the day. Tomorrow I hope to go for a walk and/or do Taebo!
  • tonidemeza
    Options
    I did an hour on the elliptical and a leg strength training workout.!!! It was awesome!! I feel great!