My personal Success!!

Options
I can't show you pictures of a major weight loss becasue it has only been 4 pounds. (you wouldn't want to see them anyway... bleh..lol) I didn't reach some amazing exercise goal or fit into an old pair of pant.. nope.... As of last night i am a non smoker!! I didn't quit last night. I applied my last patch on monday which came off yesterday. 10 whole weeks with a patch that destroyed my arm. I've noticed differences with my energy level. Busted out a 1.5 miles yesterday at the track like it was nothing. (i have decided to start the couch to 5k today) I was a night smoker. I didn't smoke a lot.. just when i was stressed out, upset or bored. (nights were the worst) Well this smoking void had to be filled with something.. In the first few weeks it was night snacking. Usually the 100 calorie packs... Was i hungry? No.. just felt like eating..bored i guess. My sweet loving grammy 91 years young would constantly ask me "when are you going to quit when my aunt and i would return from a break. My aunt and i would always give some lame excuse.. Our favorite was "i'll quit when she quits.. I love my Aunt suddenly a couple months back from a brain aneurysm and it was around then i decided it was time. My grammy couldn't be more thrilled and neither can i. Would i call this a NSV? Nope.. It is a major accomplishment. 4 pounds lost... hmmm.. that happens to be the same number of pounds i gained when i quit.. Sorry for the ramble but it's a pretty good day so far.. (Which is not saying much because it isn't even 7am yet..) I hope everyone has a wonderful day :) Keep up the good work!!

Replies

• ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Great success story.
  • adamsonam
    Options
    That is a great story!! Very glad that you finding other healthier things to do. Sorry about your Aunt.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I quit almost 18 years ago - hardest thing I ever did. You will be sooooo grateful you don't smoke. Just keep up the great work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!