Hey muscle confusion fans, got a question

Options
Please take a look at my exercise diary yesterday.

I typically do something like that everyday except less time on the treadmill and bike but always 30 min or more each.

Is that a varied enough workout to keep the muscles from adapting to a routine and becoming more efficient? I alternate chest and arms so if you go back a couple of days, you'll see it changes up.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    My opinion of 'muscle confusion' is, for example varying between squats, lunges, and dead lifts for legs.

Also, spending your entire gym time curling or benching isn't doing you any favors. have you considered a routine that works multiple muscle groups?
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    My opinion of 'muscle confusion' is, for example varying between squats, lunges, and dead lifts for legs.

Also, spending your entire gym time curling or benching isn't doing you any favors. have you considered a routine that works multiple muscle groups?

The equipment is in my house. Im not really trying to build (yet), trying to lose weight and using some weights to shape here and there. In another 10 lbs, I'll probably look to focus on muscle groups more.

But as an example, what routine would you suggest for arms or chest groups?
  • efokken
    efokken Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    "Curling" a beer... is not considered a good arm work out... just fyi :bigsmile:
  • Banks01
    Options
    "Curling" a beer... is not considered a good arm work out... just fyi :bigsmile:

What if it's one of those monster 64 ozers? Thats gotta weigh a couple of pounds. :)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    The lifts I do, that are some what focused on arms; bench press, over head press (any variation, but I prefer the Arnold Press), dead lifts, and pull ups. I can't remember the last time I curled.

Note- if beer curls count, then I do them all the time!
  • Banks01
    Options
    The lifts I do, that are some what focused on arms; bench press, over head press (any variation, but I prefer the Arnold Press), dead lifts, and pull ups. I can't remember the last time I curled.

Note- if beer curls count, then I do them all the time!

I probably don't do enough weights at this time but will say, In December after I've shed then toned.