Curves

Options
Is this gym expensive? Does anyone belong to this gym. How do you like it? Tell me anything about it please!!

My family has a membership at the YMCA but I moved away to school so I can't use the membership up here =[.

Replies

• HealthyKt78
    Options
    Is this gym expensive? Does anyone belong to this gym. How do you like it? Tell me anything about it please!!

My family has a membership at the YMCA but I moved away to school so I can't use the membership up here =[.
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I use to work for Curves and its not expensive its almost the price as other gyms but with less equipment! it was 34 a mth and i think when i left it was going to 40.
  • saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I did a trial membership at Curves (I think most of them will let you try it out for a week or something) and I was bored stiff. You do the same 10 or 12 exercises over and over again. Plus, between exercises, you bounce around on this board, which I didn't feel comfortable doing. But that's just me! I'm a little ADHD and I need constant stimulation - I like walking at the park and people/duck watching, doing exercise "games" and DVDs much more than the typical gym workout.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I went to Curves a few years ago, and at the time it was $29 a month. For me personally, because of the way it's set up, I burnt out on it very quickly and got bored. It did get results for the first few months, but after that it became monotonous and I stopped going. I was talking with a friend about this the other day, and Curves really focuses on resistance/strength training, so if you join Curves you really need to find another form of exercise that you can do to get your cardio in. It may be better to spring for a regular gym membership where you have your choice of machines and can incorporate weight training as well as cardio. Just my opinion.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I love it at curves lost 42 lbs going there, too bad the one by me is closing. i am gonna have to find somewhere else to go!