9/12-9/18 Beginner's 20 Mile Challenge- Open group

Options
Hi! If you'd like to join me in completing 20 miles this week either walking/running or on exercise equipment, just add your name and your daily miles to this thread and I'll make sure to update with your progress tomorrow.
Lazyspice - 4.7 miles
Plunderbunneh - 10.5 miles
Mlally1014 -

I'm off to help a friend pack up her house today, so no miles for me, but I look forward to seeing what you can do!

Replies

• alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    oooh yay another one! I did 5 miles yesterday, I'll have to look back at my exercise journal for Monday and get back to you.
  • Drowndjellyfish
    Options
    OoO I'm in! I did 2miles each Monday and Tuesday! This will be the perfect motivation for me to walk more! I'm just starting out and motivation swings daily. I better step it up! Double my miles!
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm in. not sure if i am a Beginner but what the heck.

9/12- Just posted a 3.93 mi run with @runkeeper. Check it out! http://rnkpr.com/auzk7j #RunKeeper
    9/14-
    9/16-
    9/18-

These are my planned runs. Going to have to push my stuff and maybe do some extra walking to get to 20 in 6 days.
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    4.9 miles today, so I'm nearly half way there :smile:
  • polar135
    Options
    4.9 miles today, so I'm nearly half way there :smile:

Nice workout! Going long on the elliptical in the morning. 5:15 is going to come early. lol
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I'll be part of this! 5 miles on sunday, 1.5 miles on monday, and 4.5 miles today. More than half way!!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!! I think I'm just going to update on this thread this week, since there's only a handful of us this time around. Do keep in mind that ANY sort of mile is acceptable this week, be it biking, walking, or my new favorite, elliptical.
    So for today's update, as of noon here, this is what we've got:

Ezak86 - 11 miles
    Lazyspice - 9.6 miles
    Alise_lmx - 5 miles
    Drowndjellyfish - 4 miles
    Polar135 - 3.93 miles
    PlunderBunneh - 10.5 this morning, but I got in another 7 between the elliptical and a stationary bike, so I'm at 17.5.

Way to go all!! Keep pushing for those miles :)

(edit because I don't know what day of the week it is lols)
  • lazyspice
    Options
    Oops! Only 2.2 miles today - my leg was sore today so I didn't push it very hard :grumble:
  • polar135
    Options
    9/15- Just posted a 4.16 mi run with @runkeeper. Check it out! http://rnkpr.com/av6umi #RunKeeper
  • alise_lmx
    Options
    I did 6 miles yesterday and 6 miles today, so that's 17 for the week. I know I ran Monday so I need to let you know that still :)
  • alise_lmx
    Options
    K just checked. I didn't run Monday but I ran 4 miles on Tuesday. So my total is 21! Yay!
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Another 1.5 miles thursday before my class. I'm hopefully going to go to spin class today, but those bikes don't have the mileage. Have to guess! Keep moving!
  • PlunderBunneh
    Options
    I'm going to put off today's updating until this evening, that gives everyone a chance to add on :)
  • polar135
    Options
    9/16- Just completed a 8.18 mi bike ride with @runkeeper. Check it out! http://rnkpr.com/av8yal #RunKeeper
    9/16- Just posted a 0.49 mi walk with @runkeeper. Check it out! http://rnkpr.com/av8z5h #RunKeeper
  • lazyspice
    Options
    Only 1.7 miles today - I had planned a longer walk but we had heavy rain most of the day. 6.5 to go :smile:
  • PlunderBunneh
    Options
    Just did W2D6 (yeah...had to repeat it) of C25K, so that's 1.5 miles for me. I'm going to try to round out my 20 miles this evening, probably just do some running again. I FINALLY figured out how to breath while I run! Now my running isn't limited to how long I can hold my breath, I'm so excited!
  • PlunderBunneh
    Options
    Our totals for the night of Friday 9/16 are as follows...

alise_lmx - 21 miles
    plunderbunneh - 20.5 miles
    polar135 - 16.76 miles
    lazyspice - 13.5 miles
    ezak86 - 12.5 miles
    drowndjellyfish - 4 miles

Way to go everyone!! Still a couple of days left, so keep adding them on. I'm thinking 25 for next week, are you in?
  • lazyspice
    Options
    I'm in for 25 - I'll be reunited with my beloved treadmill on Sunday so it will be much easier to monitor my exercise :wink:
  • lazyspice
    Options
    2.4 miles today so I've got a bit to do tomorrow! :ohwell:
  • polar135
    Options
    My First Trail Run: Just posted a 5.00 mi run with @runkeeper. Check it out! http://rnkpr.com/avdrzg #RunKeeper